How to becoming a tourist police volunteer?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been involved with Jesters / Care For Kids since its conception in 1996 which was initially concieved at "The Super Stars" Table in Shennanigans in the dim and distant past when a few of us wanted to give something back to the community that was giving us so much.

Since 2005 Jesters Fair Committee has been at Jamesons, Kim Moved the Committee moved, planning for 2007 fair has been going on since February.

I apologise for mentioning this here now, I have never used this forum as a mouthpiece for Jesters Fair, we get enough from local Pattaya media, but when someone posts a link to a UK Charity (who we have never heard of) on this board I felt a need to respond.

I don't understand why you would get so upset about a link to an organisation that seems to be on the same side as you. Surely anything which gets the job done is to be welcomed?

Meanwhile, as this thread seems obsessed with accuracy and numbers, I think your past may be a little more 'dim and distant' than even you realise as I am fairly sure Shenanigans didn't exist (in Pattaya, at least) in 1996. I've got fairly good memories of going to visit Kim when he was still running TQ2, well before he became Captain Respectable, with my recently born son, who arrived on 6/6/96.

Mekong,

I don't think your post is out of line in any way, one of the main points being that if you want to give something back, then do it at the grass roots level. At least you have a clue as to where your money is going.

There's a home for HIV infected orphans in CM that some of us from another board contribute to. The money now goes directly to the home.

The bulk of the money is passed on in baht by tourists who want to give something back, usually over the bar, to expats. And, before anyone smirks, the expats are 100% trustworthy.

Hats off to you guys for running a charity down in Pattaya. :beer:

Good point vergie.

Mekong,

I can only speak for myself here....

I currently "support" the education of some kids upcountry....personal issue...(and NO, not mine!!)

BUT, I have read over the years of the great work the Jesters do in Pattaya...

I'm more than happy to throw a "grey one" into the hat to support a worthy cause.....I don't get to Pattaya often, so next time we meet at Gullibles....it's there

(18 May....I hope)

Cheers DS

Totally agree about the fine work of the Jesters over the years but I still think that there's little harm in a plug for an organisation claiming to be sending over B50m per year to the 'Father Ray Foundation'.

OK, so that only seems to be about half of what they actually RAISE, but it's still B50 million that people in the UK, or wherever, WOULDN'T be sending to an obscure bunch of bikers in some sex tourist haven on the other side of the world.

Meanwhile, as this thread seems obsessed with accuracy and numbers, I think your past may be a little more 'dim and distant' than even you realise as I am fairly sure Shenanigans didn't exist (in Pattaya, at least) in 1996. I've got fairly good memories of going to visit Kim when he was still running TQ2, well before he became Captain Respectable, with my recently born son, who arrived on 6/6/96.

LG

You are indeed correct, I meant 1998, Shenanigans (or Delaneys as it was back then) opened in Novemeber 1997 and the first Jesters Fair was 1998 with this year being the tenth one. Doing reverse calculations after 6 hours drinking with Kim and a bunch back from the CM Cricket Sixes at midnight last night is not my strong point.

Archived