What do bar owners actually do?

trapperjohn

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usage of there and their is probably intentional. Recheck the writing. There is also used when it should be they are. I think somebody is having fun.

Here are 2 examples of misusing there for they are

[color:red]

"Most of the time there either drinking"

"waiting for there women to feed them."[/color]

Actually i think the question is quite a good one...but maybe not in the way it was put. What is the daily routine for Bangkok bar owners?

I know a couple. One tries to only start drinking on Thursdays until Sunday night, the other goes to bed at 5am everyday, comes back to the bar at 5pm has an orange juice,and some food then starts drinking...

Firstly the bar owner puts up the millions of Baht needed for a bar to be there for your drinking pleasure.

Secondly he needs to make sure his investmant, like all business owners, is working. He has to oversee staff and all the drama's that happen behind the scenes so you don't have a problem when your telling people about that time in 'Nam. (How are the nightmares TJ? Still having them? Does the wife's face still remind you of 'Nam?)

So when you think you see someone not working, just as you may see any other boss not working, he usually is, doing things that need to get done so you don't notice any problems~

I would think many do not have a work visa and can really not be seen doing any work' date='....[/quote']

They probably have visas but, as Flasher pointed out, a foreigner can't get a visa to work in a bar. That's why you very rarely see them behind the bar.

I don't think this is strictly true I have seen farangs working the bar (serving drinks and food)in the Conrad Hotel and the Irish bar on Soi Convent :confused:

IMHO it's a hobby. not a job.

most fellow bar owners, that I know do have a "day time job" e.g. another line of business. others look after the kids during the day. I am just speaking of bangkok and phuket where I know som people.

maybe pattaya and samui are different.

if you fullfill all the requirements (paid up capital, number of employees, pay VAT, social insurance etc.) it is actually possible as a foreigner to obtain a work permit.

inTOXICated

They probably have visas but, as Flasher pointed out, a foreigner can't get a visa to work in a bar. That's why you very rarely see them behind the bar.

What you need is a work permit! You can run it as a company 51% Thai / 49% Farang in combination with the work permit you are absolutely allowed to work there as an employed manager! There is no need to open a company for this business, you can run it as a private person as well as long you have a working permit, loopholes are THERE to be exploited.

YOU COULD POST A THREAD AND ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A NAME.

That would be a smart move wouldn't it?

The thread might get deleted if he doesn't agree into long term advertising on this board!

Most of the actual work is done by there wives and or girlfriends.

Bar owners must POSSESS 25 girlfriends (aka slaves), it is called the "BOA" (Bar Owners Act). Bar owners must share their girlfriends with each other for sexual activities. These girls actually don't live at home, each city in Thailand has a BOA-HALL which is actually a huge gymnasium without air conditioning and water where they are tied up on poles and have to sleep on the floor. They don't have time to run a business and they also don't have the brains because the BOA drugs them badly with JOHNTRAPPERLIN which slowly kills all brain functions!

Archived