What do bar owners actually do?

trapperjohn

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is getting way too complicated for the OP...

To apply the KISS principle here....

In answer to the OP's question as to....What do Bar Owners actually do????

....They "Own" Bars....

It's not really Rocket science.....kao jai????

Cheers DS..... a Bar Owners delight :grinyes::beer::beer::grinyes:

I was wondering the other day on what farang bar owners actually do?Most of the time there either drinking or there B.S.'ing with anybody who will listen to them. Most of the actual work is done by there wives and or girlfriends.I'am assuming there doing alot of P.R.work with other farang's who are buying the owners drink's and kissing up to them because they worship them.Pretty twisted I think.Not much different from the the Thai chap's who lay about all day waiting for there women to feed them.

A good manager doesn't look busy. Their business is a well oiled machine and they only need to hang around to keep an eye on things and deal with exceptional circumstances.

I was wondering the other day on what farang bar owners actually do?Most of the time there either drinking or there B.S.'ing with anybody who will listen to them. Most of the actual work is done by there wives and or girlfriends.I'am assuming there doing alot of P.R.work with other farang's who are buying the owners drink's and kissing up to them because they worship them.Pretty twisted I think.Not much different from the the Thai chap's who lay about all day waiting for there women to feed them.

Actually the OP's post was full of grammatical errors. I don't know if English is your first language, but if it is you should be ashamed. Here is the OP's post with all errors corrected (God, am I setting myself up??)

I was wondering the other day about what farang bar owners actually do? Most of the time they're either drinking or they're B.S. ing with anybody who will listen to them. Most of the actual work is done by their wives and or girlfriends. I'm assuming they're doing a lot of P.R. work with other farangs who are buying the owners drinks and kissing up to them because they worship them. Pretty twisted I think. Not much different from the the Thai chaps who lay about all day waiting for their women to feed them.

So he doesn't know the difference between their and they're, and puts apostrophes in all over the place when not needed. Hey Dude, please read the book "Eat Shoots and Leaves." That'll give you some idea about English grammar.

Sorry about this rant, but it's one of my things.

Assuming we're talking about hands-on bar owners and not some sad 'walking ATM' who's hooker-wife still considers him harmless enough to not have to bother taking him out:

It's being a pimp basically. As you can see quickly for yourself: Some bars are nicely decorated and have a carefully desgined perfect environment, good sound system, good music but aren't doing half the business of some dark hole that happens to have sluttier girls and managing to keep them around.

I think you'll find that all the little details don't require much skill. Oooh yes you're handing out a little money to police, you're buying drinks, get maintenance done.. yawn. The big skill is sourcing girls, and (especially) keeping them without breaking the bank. That will include good relations in the villages, paying some money there to harvest girls, keeping them drunk/dependent/scared or indeed HAPPY enough to stick around. (whatever it takes.)

You can't run a bar and be a nice guy.

Well you can, but then you're not making enough money.

Archived