What Defines Sponsorship?

bust

We all talk about sponsorship in the context of sending money to the lady of your choice be it BG or GTG etc. We always end up taking one side of the fence or another about who is scamming who or are they "scammers or survivors" :cover: . Most time we end a with a picture of a girl laughing all the way to the ATM while she checks her bank balance before she goes out shopping for new clothes to wear for when she meets sponsor number 32 at the airport. I am the first one to admit that unless I have the girl 24/7 with me I refuse to give her a single baht to support her, her family or whoever. Is showering them with expensive gifts, leaving them with a wad of cash as we depart the same? :dunno: Now suppose someone is in a difficult situation and needs help. Your absolutely certain your being told the truth and you decide to send her money to try and make life a bit easier for her given her current circumstances. I know this has been discussed before but it's just occurred to me that sponsoring a girl is maybe determined by the reason you support her not the fact you send money. If your sending money to fulfil the delusion that she is waiting for your return with her legs together and her tee rak is only one for her, that's one thing. But what if she is genuinally in need of financial assistance. Isn't that something different like good old fashioned compassion or just simply caring for someone?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bust

All valid points but personaly I am going to stick to my policy on not sending money once I leave. Although I do miss my favorite BG (now married to a wanker in Arizona :mad: ) it would make me feel like too much of a fool to send money if I'm not milking the cow!!! :dunno:

MHO S1

it would make me feel like too much of a fool to send money if I'm not milking the cow!!!

My point why send money while there out having a good time with some else. Like th Cambodian girl I was with, only with her a few days and she was planning her life with my money.If you live there with her then great. I see a few guy sponsor girls and get hurt and some do OK

But I do have a friend Thai female that has never asked me for money and I am sponsoring a place for her to stay in OZ land in return for free ___? I have known her for 6-7 years And in return I can stay in one of her two condos in BKK, pity itâ??s not Pattaya maybe I talked into investing in one with anyone I like no string attached with her, she under stands I need verity thatâ??s why we get on so well :beer::beer:

My point why send money while there out having a good time with some else. Like th Cambodian girl I was with, only with her a few days and she was planning her life with my money.If you live there with her then great. I see a few guy sponsor girls and get hurt and some do OK

That is the black & white view I referred too. Try and think outside the square or stereotype. What if she say was on her way home on a motorbike taxi and got cleaned up. She has a broken leg busted ribs etc. Not capable of taking care of herself, no family to support her. You decide to send her a few thousand baht a month till she gets back on her feet. Is that sponsoring or just doing the decent thing?

Itâ??s really up to you as the Bar girls say, if you want to send money do and it might be OK, but if you find out itâ??s not being used for the purpose you sent it for, then you have learnt your lesson

BG - never, GTG - Maybe,

I agree K. Dog....but PTG (as in "Perfect" TG)....absolutely!!!

Horses for courses....

bust......do what your heart tells you to do....If it makes you feel good...AND...it makes someone else's life that much better....WHY NOT????????

You'll get the...Trying to buy exclusivity...Bullshit....So what!!!! Why do people make everything they do ...."Conditional"...

Cheers DS

Thanks DS as you know my heart was made up a long time ago. Just curious though about how sponsorship is conceived by others. Again it seems sometimes more about the perception by others than about what they really wan't to do. Sometimes I think people compromise their own integrity for the sake of how others judge them.

I think part of it is if you can afford it ,

I read of guys sending more money then they really can confortably afford,

if you are sending money and living in the poor house because of it, well whats the point ?

There are more BGs around ....

OC

I always laugh when they say on TV that "shes the only one" , its not true , its just the one you have net so far......

Archived