What Defines Sponsorship?

bust

Strangely - and it kind of makes me wonder whether bust and I have just been hit up by the same woman, or maybe there's a trend right now?

Can pretty well guarantee you it's not the same woman........unless she is Burmese and is sitting in Klong Phem. ;)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So here I am, I've just sent a girl X dollars and don't know whether she's bullshitting or not, there's no way to prove it (unless I spend more money on an investigator, which is getting a little obsessive) and she's promised to pay me back when she sees me. Will she? No, probably not. Do I care? Not really. I don't have much interest in seeing her again - if I helped her out of a hard time, then I feel good about that and good for her. If she just scammed me, well, that's the way it goes - if she feels li

ke paying me back, she can, and if she doesn't, fine. I'll be back in town for a bit at the beginning of June, and can at least have a look in her eyes, or see if she avoids me completely.

So, what am I? Chump, sponsor, easy mark, jai dee maak, desperate loser? Or maybe sending money to Pattaya BGs is - like a coke habit - just one of God's subtle ways of telling you that you have too much money? Curious for your opinions (and, of course, curious to know who else got hit up last weekend with a cop-related sob story from Pattaya...).

Yimzee,

1. As long as you can afford it, no problem.

2. As long as you don't expect to see that money again, no problem.

3. As long as you don't expect anything in return, no problem.

4. If it makes you feel good and that you've done something worthwhile, no problem.

5. If it's just a "one off" that she asks you, no problem.

:)

I'm off to Pats this weekend, so I can check if she's in the monkey house or not for you! :grinyes:

I reckon the "problem" comes if you head back to Pattaya and she does pay you back. Sound weird? Well, it's then that you get all these thoughts in your head such as:

"Wow. She paid me back and it wasn't a scam - maybe she is "different" to other girls.

:confused: :smirk:

Then you either:

1) Get set up for a bigger scam because your defences are down.

2) Fall head-over-heels for her because she is "different"

or

3) End up "happily every after" because maybe she really is different and doesn't have a dishonest bone in her body.

It's all part of the "fun" of playing the sanook scene in LOS.

Just don't lose what you can't afford to. And anything else just shrug off with a laugh or be pleasantly surprised and have your faith in human (bar girl) nature renewed once in a while.

As Torrenova's signature wisely says: "When you've done your dough, its time to go!"

Guys sending money to prostitutes from half way around the world and thinking that they are not shacked up with some other punter or Thai pimp (aka "boyfriend") need a checkout at the funny farm.

Sorry guys but wake up and smell the coffee.

Amazing as well the amount of girls you have previously known who manage to find your number when the shit hits the fan. Why bother, would they return the favour, even if they could ? unlikely. som nam na.

...Sponsors are largely suckers. Self made people did not get that way making such stupid decisions.

I would say that most sponsors are not getting any "back home" and thus think with the small head not the large one. They come to LOS too often, use money that should be put to other, better purposes and lose track of reality. They exist only for "their" prostitute in LOS.

If they are single, then it is their right. If they still have family obligations which are being ignored and financially suffering, then it is wrong...

I have to agree 100% with this. Especially the last part about fucking off on family obligations to send money to a Thai whore, or any whore/woman. You make kids/family, you pay for them first. I don't get the guys who fuck off on their wives and kids back home, then go on to tell me/others that honesty and respect are two vital parts of a relationship.

As for single guys...just plain stupid. Just because you can afford something, doesn't mean it is o.k. for others to take advantage of you and your stupidity/desparation, be it whores , car salesman or any other person.

Sending these whores money only makes their situation worse, they get money for nothing, now want a rediculis amout to do anything. It kills their inititive.

I would make an allowence, *IF* the girl actually kept up her part of that bargin, went to school, work etc, stopped working the bar *AND* fucking her regulars (you'd be surprised how many quit the bar, but then work the street, or a different bar/venue, and don't consider it the same, or lieing).

Of course as always, EXCEPTIONS DO APPLY, but what are the odds that all the girls sponsored by all the guys on this board, "ARE REALLY DIFFERENT?" BTW, just wondering how many of us are sponsoring the same girl(s)?

I remember when guys used to come here to fuck whores, now they come here to date them and romance them...fine and dandy if you can keep it all in perspective.

Okay, then, not the same! My girl says she's trying to STAY out of prison, while I believe yours is trying to GET out -- or at least to avoid the "free bus" to Myawaddy when she's finally released.... Just thought it was a strange coincidence that the same subject came up for both of us at the same time! :hmmm::redflag:

YimSiam :D (aka Money-Sending Chump)

So here I am, I've just sent a girl X dollars and don't know whether she's bullshitting or not...

So, what am I? Chump, sponsor, easy mark, jai dee maak, desperate loser? Or maybe sending money to Pattaya BGs is - like a coke habit - just one of God's subtle ways of telling you that you have too much money?

Yimzee,

1. As long as you can afford it, no problem.

2. As long as you don't expect to see that money again, no problem.

3. As long as you don't expect anything in return, no problem.

4. If it makes you feel good and that you've done something worthwhile, no problem.

5. If it's just a "one off" that she asks you, no problem.

:)

I'm off to Pats this weekend, so I can check if she's in the monkey house or not for you! :grinyes:

I reckon the "problem" comes if you head back to Pattaya and she does pay you back. Sound weird? Well, it's then that you get all these thoughts in your head such as:

"Wow. She paid me back and it wasn't a scam - maybe she is "different" to other girls.

:confused: :smirk:

Then you either:

1) Get set up for a bigger scam because your defences are down.

2) Fall head-over-heels for her because she is "different"

or

3) End up "happily every after" because maybe she really is different and doesn't have a dishonest bone in her body.

It's all part of the "fun" of playing the sanook scene in LOS.

Right - I'm actually with you on the point that her paying me back would complicate things! Then there's all those new questions, and I KNOW I don't want to end up happily ever after with this girl! I can afford it, the money's not an issue - at this point, her paying me back would just be a bonus in the sense that I'd know my own judgment was right to trust her (of course, it would also mean that she's turning a damn lot of STs over the next few weeks, something I'd rather not think about too much...). I'm sure this is a one-off as well, since I won't consider any further contributions until she's paid me back - no matter how deep the sobs.

We all have our fun and get our kicks in different ways, I guess -- some guys like to augment the experience by chasing only stunners, some like to pretend they're saving poor vulnerable village girls, while others like to try to get it for free - and then there's guys like me, who seem to like to throw money down the toilet as part of their sanuk!

YimSiam :)

As for single guys...just plain stupid. Just because you can afford something, doesn't mean it is o.k. for others to take advantage of you and your stupidity/desparation, be it whores , car salesman or any other person.

Sending these whores money only makes their situation worse, they get money for nothing, now want a rediculis amout to do anything. It kills their inititive.

I would make an allowence, *IF* the girl actually kept up her part of that bargin, went to school, work etc, stopped working the bar *AND* fucking her regulars (you'd be surprised how many quit the bar, but then work the street, or a different bar/venue, and don't consider it the same, or lieing).

I remember when guys used to come here to fuck whores, now they come here to date them and romance them...fine and dandy if you can keep it all in perspective.

Hmm... Think I have to disagree! "Just because you can afford something, doesn't mean its ok for others to take advantage of you and your stupidity/desperation..." etc -- wouldn't this preclude just about ALL of our activities in the sanuk scene?

Why do you think the sponsor phenomenon is hurting motivation? Isn't it providing an incentive for performance well above the norm? If a girl knows it's 1,000 baht and goodbye, then she gives a standard performance -- but if she thinks that making the guy really happy might result in tens of thousands of baht payout, won't she try to figure out what you like, and how to make you happy? Does the possibility of a bonus at work make workers work harder, or do they slack off because after they get a bonus they have more money and so don't have to work as much? :hmmm: Some guys don't like the GFE, but for those who do, I would guess the possibility of sponsorship sweetens the experience.

I guess my take is that if you think the money is going to bring about a change in behavior that wouldn't happen without paying the girl, then you're trying to turn a ST employment contract into a VVLT employment contract - and pretending its a relationship. (Now I'm talking about relationships, which I have no authority whatsoever to do -- so I'll shut up!).

It's in perspective, and all is fine and dandy... Especially for the little woman in Pattaya, who is probably rolling around on her Thai boyfriend's bed, throwing "my" money into the air and laughing and laughing and laughing at gullible YimSiam...

cheers,

YimSiam :D

YimSiam:

>I've just sent money this week to a woman who claims she's desperately in trouble with the Sin City by the Sea BiBs, and needed to bribe her way out. It's the first time any of 'my' girls have really asked for help in a serious way, and I said yes. It's potentially a good scam - no paperwork, etc - but I guess I thought I wouldn't bother doubting and would just help out this time, whether for a bribe, or just to fill her pockets. The money is inconsequential to me, it's only the niggling question of whether I'm being scammed like a chump or actually helping a fun girl out of a serious problem.<

Good on you, mate.

I've done the same at times, a girl i'd spent one week with six months earlier, wrote about a gynological problem that required an operation. She needed medical costs and downtime for a month from work since the Dr told her she couldn't do her job for a while after.

I had the money, didn't know it was true or a scam, sent it anyway.

By chance, I made it to BKK three weeks later, without letting her know in advance. I turned up at her bar at 10.30 at night, asked for her.

"nok"? not here, hasn't worked for a month, have problem. But we can phone her for you."

They did, she turned up 20 minutes later, just the time it takes from her appt to the bar.

It was probably true. If it was, and I hadn't sent the $$$, I would have felt worse then I would have if it was not true and i had.

YimSiam,

this is answer is supposed to be in context to all your post in this thread!

You'll probably never find out if she was telling you the truth about the bribe, even when she pays you back. These things are not necessarily connected with each other. I am not even sure if it is important, you wouldn't consider it if you wouldn't want to. Some girls indeed pay their debts and if she is just hoping that you'll tell her "c'mon keep it!" (inside of your head you have the money written off already)

Is it wrong to help a girl in trouble???

It is never wrong to help another human being!

Is it wrong to spoil/give money one of your regulars to give her a good time?

I think it is not necessary but whatever floats ones boat is fine! Most likely you pull some sort of happiness out of it yourself and it gives you a good feeling so why wouldn't you wanna have a good feeling by making someone else happy?

There is this huge difference between being asked for money and giving money or making a gift! Yesterday I bought my male Aussie friend a cell phone for 1900 baht because he is short on funds, I was happy and he was happy and according to Old Hippie I should check out what his job is, if he went to school or whatever utter nonsense else he suggested! It helped my mate, life is easier now for him, and it was a mini sacrifice for me, he was really happy about it and that already made it worth it. I did it because he is a nice guy and when I hang out with him I am having a ball! I don't make a difference between man or woman, professional qualifications because it says nothing about the person itself. It is not about "does the person deserve it?" it is only about what YOU can do to make ONES life more comfortable and if you don't do it on a regular basis so that the person could get the idea that you are easy to exploit or maybe even try to buy sympathy everything is fine!

As for single guys...just plain stupid. Just because you can afford something' date=' doesn't mean it is o.k. for others to take advantage of you and your stupidity/desparation, be it whores , car salesman or any other person.

[/quote']

Hmm... Think I have to disagree! "Just because you can afford something, doesn't mean its ok for others to take advantage of you and your stupidity/desperation..." etc -- wouldn't this preclude just about ALL of our activities in the sanuk scene?

Why do you think the sponsor phenomenon is hurting motivation? Isn't it providing an incentive for performance well above the norm? If a girl knows it's 1,000 baht and goodbye, then she gives a standard performance -- but if she thinks that making the guy really happy might result in tens of thousands of baht payout, won't she try to figure out what you like, and how to make you happy? Does the possibility of a bonus at work make workers work harder, or do they slack off because after they get a bonus they have more money and so don't have to work as much? :hmmm: Some guys don't like the GFE, but for those who do, I would guess the possibility of sponsorship sweetens the experience.

I guess my take is that if you think the money is going to bring about a change in behavior that wouldn't happen without paying the girl, then you're trying to turn a ST employment contract into a VVLT employment contract - and pretending its a relationship. (Now I'm talking about relationships, which I have no authority whatsoever to do -- so I'll shut up!).

It's in perspective, and all is fine and dandy... Especially for the little woman in Pattaya, who is probably rolling around on her Thai boyfriend's bed, throwing "my" money into the air and laughing and laughing and laughing at gullible YimSiam...

cheers,

YimSiam :D

I think it hurts motiveation to go and do something else. I think sponsorship is, as I said ok if it truely is a "hand up rather than a hand out..." I definitelt think sponsorship does cause many (As in NOT ALL) to slack off, much the same way welfare and other hand outs make people dependant and lazy/complacent/stuck in a rut in other places.

But basically figure a girl gets paid for her performance, she is likely to perform better I would think, if she truely is good at the job, some are, others have no business being in the business, they are just there for the money...same any job really.

Way back when, girls didm a lot more for you, less bullshit, less games, better service. Also, LESSS SPONSORSHIP. I think the internet and SMS did make the "working of customers" a lot easier. Figure in the old days, it took 2-6 weeks for a letter to reach you, and a reply back...now just a few minutes.

To me, sponsorship should be the carrot on the end of a stick, motivating her to do something more... "a guy I know" has helped set up a laundry and a food shop, making a girl and her mom self sufficient, he has no delussions that she is not still fucking her old regulars if/when they call...maybe she is, maybe she is not. But up to them.

As I said, a lot of guys would never give money to a loser at home, or a homeless person, or anyone else, simply because they would feel it a WASTE, yet with cute Thai girls, "it is different."

Also, has has been said by manyn expats here, Thgais can be deceitful, liars, etc...and we accept that, and use caution, yet with Thai girls, that same judgement/prudence goes out the window. In the end up to those to decide, but as one who has been there, the feeling is vastly different after wards when reality kicks you in the head...maybe the best/only way to learn.

Liar, deceiver, scammer, TBF, FBF.... nothing of that really matters.

She is just in a temporary working situation with you. If a girl did a good job for a couple of times and you express your appreciation with a bonus or a gift then this is rather motivating to keep her performance on the same level! That's what bosses do with their top employees :)

YimSiam wasn't talking about sponsorship, he was talking about short term employment + bonuses!

All these conclusions that they are just there for the money should be common knowledge, it actually is amazing how much fun they create in their job and I also find the line about not giving money to homeless and losers in context with BGs once again pretty offensive. BGs aren't losers they are one of the top earners in their country. Around Christmas time I donate 300 USD to a charity institution in my hometown, they feed the homeless and give them shelter when it is cold! I am happy I don't have to worry about such things myself. I don't feel it is a waste.

Archived