Scumbag British Gutter Press

Mekong

With reference to the libel case you ommitted to say that the person I said was set up with drugs,was released from jail; got his business back, was acquitted, and the judge made specific reference to his business partners and the conduct of the police

Well, he went to jail because of false accusations in the first place, nobody can undo this! I don't know if it was because of your or someone else but if it was because of a "sloppy" research, I hope you have learned your lesson!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an unfortunate fact of todays journalistic standards that the press have an obligation to report false accusations with the same enthusiasm that they report true ones, until of course they are proven false, then the editors publish a three line apology on page 4 and the falsely accused gets on with what's left of his life.

Actually do you guys realise there's probably a story in this? "Scumbag Journo Goes Head To Head With Thai Sex Forum"?

He's probably googling us as hard as we are him.

(It wasn't me tied up with that strange case in Adelaide, my ex Mrs is a liar and I was out of the country at the time.)

Slightly off-topic but talking of dodgy 'journalism' then a great way of wasting an hour or two is this blog dealing with the BBC and it's alleged bias.

Biased BBC

Get this one: Andrew Marr called Idi Amin 'Eccentric'. Eccentric! Is he having a laugh or what?

Also deals with the Left's (and by extension the BBC's) obsession with global warming. 'Earth Worship' one contributor calls it! ROFL.

The BBC is an embarrassment, it really is.

But at least people aren't forced to pay for Murdoch's TV channels or papers. They have a free choice to pay for them or not (and I don't). Murdoch's stuff isn't state sponsored, funded by a defacto tax* called the "license fee".

*The National Audit Office classifies it as a tax, I think.

It still filters down though bibblies, Murdoch is free to air in most parts of the world, a large part of the internet news comes from him. I agree the TV licensing in the UK is ludicrous but there's plenty of "free" TV else where.

Personally I like the BBC, sure the occasional ratbag commentary filters through but they still gave us shows like Monty Python.

Hello again.

Your not quite on this planet are you, old chap.

I got the guy out of jail with (reluctant) help.

He was then able to prepare his appeal.

The appeal court judge ruled that irregularities were with the police conduct and that of local Pattaya businessmen.

Hence I expect to be acquitted as well. I have of course never been sued by these people in the UK where the financial penalities would be massive if I was found guilty there. This was where the original stories were printed.

Archived