Scumbag British Gutter Press

Mekong

What a bunch of guys having dinner in the Shed/Beer garden in Soi 7! So Sad. U dont see many people eating there.

Not if you walk around with your blinkers on. It is actually quite well known for its food. I can recommend the stuffed beef rolls with mashed potatoes. It was one of the few places where we could occupy a few tables without being hassled and bombarded with loud music.

As you can see ASFO is still up and you can see for yourself what pictures they are putting on the we, as if you didnt know.

Just had a quick glance and there are about half a dozen photos which have been posted there since 2001. The mailing list continues to trundle happily along though. Why don't you sign up or have you always been on there, fishing?

It was always separate from the website, many wished there was no connection at all, but it wasn't our toy. Nobody that I know has ever met the owner.

Had these guys been procuring under age girls they would have got a lot more publicity than Metro and your Embassy friend would now be history.

That's just silly, but hardly surprising. That's like me saying if you had been shagging young boys I would have had you arrested. The only reason it's an issues, ans playing any part in this discussion is because you suggested it.

Sure I'll send you the photos. Send me your real email address.

You can attach them to a PM via this board. Just click on my user name.

If you want the magazine send me your postal address

I know you think I'm stupid, but ...... Feel free to attach a scan of the article though.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:):):):)

Did I get this right? You invited a journalist to dinner, told him that you were all members of Alt-Sex-Fetish-Orientals and met to discuss shagging and you had Embassy staff and schoolteachers in your midst and then gave the journalist your name card.

This place isn't actually the brains trust is it?

What a delightful example of the stringer in action! Did you get it right? You must be joking? I guess being able to read isn't actually a qualification in your line of work. Proofreading clearly isn't!

I did not invite a journalist to dinner. He was invited by his friend, who was a friend of mine. As I had read his book I was pleased to have him join us.

I did not tell him we were all members of alt-sex-fetish-oriental. Not a term I heard bandied about a lot, strangely enough. Probably mentioned 'asfo' as the name of the list we met through.

I don't remember talking to him about shagging. It wasn't usually a topic of conversation over dinner, particularly as several of the group would always be strangers. It might have cropped up later!

I did not give anyone my business card.

So 0/4, then. Must try harder.

The perfect defence to libel is truth. (Something Mekong does not understand)

Did you learn about this before or after THIS happened Mr Drummond?

The London Times Bangkok correspondent Andrew Drummond was convicted of criminal libel [color:red]July 5.[/color] The owner of a gay nightclub sued Drummond over an investigative piece that ran in the....

or this?

A court in Pattaya (southeast of the capital) on [color:red]30 September[/color] gave Bangkok-based British freelance journalist Andrew Drummond a two-month suspended sentence and fined him 20,000 bahts

Let me say something to you Mr self righteous! I don't know your work and I don't know who you are, I just find it funny that you come up here on a Thailand board to defend yourself! A chance the people you write about usually don't get, at least not in their very own words. You have been sued and convicted for fabricating "facts". Mekong has a point by saying that he gave you the same treatment as you give the people you are writing about! Sometimes it just needs a little tweak here and there to get your article printed and a pay check, isn't that right? A defamation of Mekong doesn't work, he is too respected and many of us know him in person, we know about his job and about his status, something you will never achieve. He has 1800 posts and you 15 posts. You want to flame someone work your way up here, the usual crap by asking questions or making statements about ones character doesn't work here. It is also not called email it is called a post!

That you came here to defend yourself reflects your ego a little and the statements you make about Mekong and yourself reflect your intelligence. Someone working for the media should know that a topic dies when none pays attention and all names are forgotten within a couple of days, the thread was already dead until you brought it back to life with your "typo defibrillator" This is leading me to 2 conclusions, you are either an attention whore or an idiot or maybe a combination of both? I tell you why I think you are an idiot, because you come here by underestimating people, just because they have funny board handles doesn't mean the people here are funny kids. We have Surgeons, MDs, Doctors, Professors, Millionaires, Inventors, Comedians, Ambassadors, CEOs etc.. on this board and don't believe that posting here was helping you. I forgot your name after reading it but now I am interested and will see what my contacts will have to report about your 20 years in Thailand. My contacts are excellent, from government officials to bar owners to the media. I am sure in 20 years one can create a lot of dust, makes a lot of mistakes and would be happy when they won't be brought to daylight! Let's treat you a with little journalism and I will certainly proof to you that everyone makes mistakes and that it isn't very nice to read about them in public! I promise I'll check my sources carefully and will stay objective and fair!

Funnily enough there a couple of things you have said here that I tend to agree with.

Now that Mekong has admitted that he was merely passing on a rumour (which he posted as fact) we can all go home and forget about it.

Of course we all make mistakes. If I make one I I a ready to put it right. Not so here.

With reference to the libel case you ommitted to say that the person I said was set up with drugs,was released from jail; got his business back, was acquitted, and the judge made specific reference to his business partners and the conduct of the police

Archived