Scumbag British Gutter Press

Mekong

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Scratches head wondering if he heard right. The BBC is good because of a 40 year old programme starring safe, Oxbridge educated, bound-to-be-the establishment-one-day types...that was as funny as piles even in its heyday. This excuses Orla Guerin and co; an extortionate licence fee leading to profligacy on a grand scale; anti-Israeli bias, a pro- Nu Labour agenda...)

Yep - the BBC is great. where would I be without it!

(Err...Thailand?)

Am I rally having a conversation with somebody who admits to being a member of

Alt Sex Festish Orientals? No.

I've already told this thread what I said this group was up to a few yeas ago and the link which proves it.

Am I really having a conversation with a 'journalist' who can't spell (rally? Festish? yeas?), construct sentences or, apparently, read?

What is it that you have actually 'told' this thread that these evil folk were 'up to' and how does your 'link' prove anything?

How can I 'admit' to being a member of something which doesn't exist? Several years ago I subscribed to a mailing list called 'asfo' whose origins were in a newsgroup called 'alt.sex.fetish.orientals'. If you want to call that being a 'member' of asfo, then fine. Would you describe yourself as a 'member' of 'Thai360.com' or 'Lonely Planet'? Doesn't sound right to me but there you go, I must also be a member of some very impressive organisations too. However, I was never a member of the alt.sex.fetish orientals newsgroup.

Asfo's purpose was described thus (it's still on the owner's website if you can get past the picture on the home page): "Interested in a forum where the beauty and allure of the Oriental female, and practical Asian travel experiences and advice, are the primary topics of discussion?" I was, so I subscribed and remain very happy that I did, though it ceased long ago to have any bearing on my life. I think the list used to have about 500 subscribers at any given time.

The owner also ran a website, as you know, to promote the list, attempt to sell rotten merchandise to offset his costs and to give server space to the tiny minority of members who wished to display photographic evidence of their 'conquests'. I did meet a few of those people over the years, most of the rest were either unaware of the website or wished that the name of the mailing list could be changed so there was no connection.

So, have a look back through your own posts and see what you have actually 'told' this thread what we used to 'get up to'. Being seen in the German Beer Garden on Soi 7 (correct, for reasons which I have explained above) and 'wearing asfo caps' (incorrect).

I am sure you know of one or two of your chums in the FCC who may have indulged in a lot more than that and, apparently (as you have not denied this) you are not averse to a bit of 'pay for play' yourself. Have you considered writing a 'searing expose' of Thailand-based foreign journalists?

LG

PS You still haven't sent me the photos

..apparently (as you have not denied this) you are not averse to a bit of 'pay for play' yourself. Have you considered writing a 'searing expose' of Thailand-based foreign journalists?

I too have noticed the irony and lack of 'libel' threats about the allegation that he has been in a blow job bar. :)

Well I got Quill out of jail. So he was free to prepare his case. He was finally acquitted at the Appeal Court.

Lumsden sued. May never did. He spends most of year in Canada.

Lumsden it still kicking around. Has 20 per cent I am told of Boyz Boyz Boyz.

I was convicted in the court in Pattaya of libeling Lumsden. Interesting case not least because the prosecuting lawyer was shareholder in BBB and police provided a statement saying they had investigated BBB and found no evidence that the club was involved in th sex trade.

The Media Guardian has done a lot about this case.

Not particularly. I've had guns pulled on me a a couple of times here, but in both cases by foreigners.But they came to nothing. The inherent problem is usually local police, foreign criminals often team up with them.So I usually have to inform someone in BKK in advance is the situation is dodgy. On the other hand sometimes I get a local of help from local police.

I have a daughter now so I am a little more cautious.

The only Thais that have threatened me have been the security officer for a Boiler Room, who has now been charged with murder, and the 'bodyguard'of a businessman who was running a camp for Long Neck Karenni in Chiang Mai.

They were merely protecting their cash interests.

Oh I forgot the Chelsea headhunter.

I didn't say these guys were evil, just a bunch of sad wallies. We photographed one in an ASFO hat. I did not say they were into under-aged sex. In fact they could easily call themselves

Alt.Sex.Fetish.Oriental.Broilers.

The pictures are not my copyright. I have mentioned your request the snapper but he seems a little disinterested.

I go to bars to meet people. I have never gone to a bar and had the service you describe, if that answers your question. It was hardly worth addressing.

Suggest you contact Metro; say your rode with ASFO; and get a back copy.

Very interesting. Thanks. I admit I've always been in two minds about 'crusading' journalists. There seems to be a fine line between service to humanity and muckraking. Especially in Bangkok where it must be something of a balancing act. I'm not getting at you...I just like thinking about these moral dilemmas.

End of the day, had the Grouse a few pints of beer thrown at him?

If not, what was the point of this thread?

It seems reliabitity of Mekong's statement just holds to "yeah.. he's a straight guy... regulary has a drink with us in Pattaya..." Wonder where else that would be considered a convincing argument... bkk2night maybe?

I'm not overly surprised but then again... had the Grouse a few pints of beer thrown at him ?? and if it didn't happen...shouldn't someone be writing humble apologies rather than insults?

Kojis, internet vendettas are lot of fun :smirk:

Archived