Scumbag British Gutter Press

Mekong

All these business are run by Chinese or Thai Chinese. Foreigners are invariably used as the couriers and sometimes middle-men if they can find the girls themselves. Most girls are aware what they are going to do, but some genuinely do not.(In some cases friends or relatives are also used to con them) In the end they pretty much all get cheated, probably less so in British run places. There wsas certaily a case I know where a girl turned up pregant in the UK and had the child beaten out of her.

The only girl I know who made any money was the one who sold her story to a newspaper over the MP she had as a 'gig'.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you can. But it's a bit like trying to stop prostitution itself. The only thing that seems to make life easier for the girls, I mean the ones who are being abused, is some kind of regulation. Even then there will always be people operating under the radar. Still, somebody has to try I guess. Obviously I'm quite cynical about getting the business stopped.

It's your definition of "exploitation" that I'm worried about. In my experience, to a lot of people, especially of a "liberal" persuasion, this seems to cover far too many things. People buying/selling sex for money, people making shoes when owners are making money, businesses making profits... :doah:

What does your definition cover?

I've known a Thai girl for 9 years who keeps bugging me to help her come over to England and be her "pimp"*. How about that? She's made good money in Hong Kong, Macao and Singapore. I'd call it enterprising and probably beneficial to her (more so than doing the same thing at home) but I highly suspect that such activity would be stopped by your definitions or the rules you'd desire.

(*I'm still thinking about it, btw. The main drawback is the clothes. I don't think I could pull off the Huggy Bear look. :) )

I haven't watched BBC news much in the last couple of weeks but the stuff I did catch in that time was all about the "Madeleine" story, not the UN.

(:doah: Another case where you'd haved hoped that the BBC could rise above terrible tabloid mawkishness but didn't. Instead, like the rest, they spent hours reporting precisely nothing from the scene.)

I go on to the BBC web site everyday though. Nothing much there, I noticed.

Be honest, if they do anything at all, it's very much half-hearted stuff that isn't given much prominence. It certainly isn't done with the front-page relish that BBC staff would use for an anti-America, anti-Bush, anti-big business piece.

I bet the typical man in the street watches BBC News on TV. Ask that typical man what he knows about things to do with anti-business, anti-America, anti-Bush related stories. He'll probably know most of them.

Ask the same man about those UN stories. He'll know nothing.

Now ask yourself - if Bush's son and administration had been involved in sheninigans like that, how fervently do you think BBC staff would have pursued that story and how much emphasis would they have given it? :smirk:

I think you are exactly the kind of pimp most girls are looking for bibblies. Kind, fair non-violent. You could set a new standard in the business.

I've also just remembered that the same girl once slapped me in public, in the street! :rotfl:

I could be a Bizarro pimp!

(I used the slap in the same fashion that a Thai woman might. I.e. I made it seem like it upset me much more than it did in order to get particular 'favours' :grinyes: )

Archived