Scumbag British Gutter Press

Mekong

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

I am an occasional reader/poster of this forum and, AFAIK, I do not know any poster/registered user in person.

I am not a native english speaker, so please accept my apologies for any spelling and/or grammatical errors.

After a long absence I have recently started reading this forum again. Reading through some of the recent threads I have come to the conclusion that there are a few individuals on this forum who are extremely biased, bitter and full of themselves. They sound like the type of people you see frequently at networking events, like embassy parties, crawling up someone's backside to enhance the chances of continueing their meaningless existence in Thailand. Below I am focussing on one in particular as he/she stood out.

Ok here is what I have to say:

Khun Mekong: you really seem to think that you are someone really special. In the past few days I have read two threads, and this is one of them, where you go around insulting people and generally being full of yourself and your "VIP" friends.

1. in this thread you come up with a whole bunch of second or even third hand stories and throw around uncalled for insults and rumours

2. in another recent thread you slag a poster off for not earning enough from his oil rig job and boasting about your own income

I am really a very nice guy and do not wish to lower myself to your standards, but as an amateur shrink, I would say you have the "XXS penis syndrome".

You are free to insult me. I am at your disposal. And no, I have no interest at all in meeting a bunch of bitter expats/english teachers on fridays at Gullivers. Apologies to those of you who do attend but do not fit the description.

All,

I am an occasional reader/poster of this forum and, AFAIK, I do not know any poster/registered user in person.

I am not a native english speaker, so please accept my apologies for any spelling and/or grammatical errors.

After a long absence I have recently started reading this forum again. Reading through some of the recent threads I have come to the conclusion that there are a few individuals on this forum who are extremely biased, bitter and full of themselves. They sound like the type of people you see frequently at networking events, like embassy parties, crawling up someone's backside to enhance the chances of continueing their meaningless existence in Thailand. Below I am focussing on one in particular as he/she stood out.

Khun Mekong: you really seem to think that you are someone really special. In the past few days I have read two threads, and this is one of them, where you go around insulting people and generally being full of yourself and your "VIP" friends.

1. in this thread you come up with a whole bunch of second or even third hand stories and throw around uncalled for insults and rumours

2. in another recent thread you slag a poster off for not earning enough from his oil rig job and boasting about your own income

I am really a very nice guy and do not wish to lower myself to your standards, but as an amateur shrink, I would say you have the "XXS penis syndrome".

You are free to insult me. I am at your disposal. And no, I have no interest at all in meeting a bunch of bitter expats/english teachers on fridays at Gullivers. Apologies to those of you who do attend but do not fit the description.

Just when I thought this thread was winding down, you have gone and lit a stick of dynamite. i m sure Mekong will defend himself. Mekong isnt a rude poster I ve found, I just think Famous Grouse has annoyed him...there is more than 1 side to every story. I ve stayed out of this thread pretty much because I dont know the facts so cant comment.

You English is better than mine BTW :)

What you see is what you get. The one thing here is there are no hidden sides to this story. Everybody sees what everbody writes.

So you can evaluate the situation on what you have read.

Some people may have had a drink or so with Mekong and find he is an okay chappie in their eyes.

But quite frankly anybody coming into this thread blind and not having that advantage might reasonably come to the conclusion that he is an oik with a penis complex and indeed also fits into the box that he has made for himself and which the last poster so aptly describes.

All,

Japio1, I have no reason to Insult you, all you were doing was voicing an opinion and I all will I do is answer your critisisms.

As for people being "Full of Themselves" it is not I who has a self proclaiming website but Famous Grouse. As for second and third hand stories do you actually believe that so called "Reporters" are on the scene when a story breaks?

Famous Grouse had a reputation for picking up certain facts of a story and making up his own version of events to sell "Red Tops", he also works as an investigative journalist as he mentions on his own website. Probably the second and third hand stories I was told may not be the whole truth and have been embelished along the way by the people who told me, but its hard not to believe that a well known investigative journalist was after a scoop on Steve Coppell, there is no smoke without fire.

As for the Post where you say I am slagging off a fellow poster, maybe you may wish to re-visit that thread.

The OP was asking if 210,000 THB / Month was enough to live comfortably in Bangkok, and I replied after doing the quick calculation.

36,000 Sterling Per Annum Offshore Bad Money

As for living, Enjoy 35% of your Income, Invest the rest, Work Hard retire young.

When the OP replied

The 210 000 baht is after tax.

I replied

And thats a good Salary?

I bank a little bit more than that and I work downstream (onshore)and its all tax free.

North sea 1988 was paying more than that back then, no wonder I Left people prepared to work for pennies.

Having worked over 25 years in the Oil and Gas Industry I probably have a better understanding of the salaries being paid in this game than people on the outside, manpower costs is part of the production overhead and I am using those figures near enough on a daily basis.

Judging by the OP's Username, I am assuming he is 31 Years old now since he registered 11 months ago with 30 in his username, and I don't see many 77 year olds offshore anymore. I was merely trying to :-

a) Advise the OP that the position he was considering taking up was well below the average salary for the Industry.

B) Advise the OP that based on his current (assumed) age to reconsider the fact of living month to month utilising all of his income, but to think about putting some of it away so he only has to do another 12-15 years in the game and to be able to life in Thailand 24/7 if he so wishes by the time he is mid forties.

I consider that my replies were constructive and not a slagging or flame as you infered, you do say that English is not your native language so I am not offended at a slight misunderstanding.

As for Embassy Parties and the British Chamber of Commerce Networking gatherings, I would be the last person you would ever meet at one of those events, I do know many people who like to get involve in that but it is not my cup of tea.

As a piece of Advise, don't consider Pshycology as a profession

Time to break out those Jaffa Cakes I think.

:grinyes:

Already, we have bonus use of the word "oik" :D

The photos on that site don't look like the Andrew Drummond I was imagining. I think I've got him mixed up visually with someone else - a quite good looking, slightly younger, chap who does quite a few TV reports for the BBC. I wonder who I was thinking of now... :doah:

I seem to have trouble getting around that website for some reason. Keep getting flipped to the parent directory. But I did see photos of a sensitive looking young fellow doing a bit of cross-cultural mingling with exploited long neck women...I mean traditional Pa Dong Karen ladies. Is that you Andrew?

Archived