English Breakfast?

follies

Hi

Here at the Kiwi Cafe in Suk 22 we will do a full English Breakfsst for 225 Baht, available all day. I

I think the problem in Bangkok with pricing is a combination of things but mostly rental prices for buildings, they are crazy,I have Japanese friends who are complaining so that says something. It will be interesting to see if rentals fall because of the economic downturn or they do the Thai thing and put them up because business is bad.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mekong - nice site! Mushy peas...oh yes.

I shall assume by the silence that the Kiwi does not have black pudding. Bloody colonials. Philistines they are, every man Jack of 'em.

I don't get up to Bangkok too often but in Pattaya I have one or two (or five or six) good places for the full fry. Top 3 -

1. Simple Simon's in Jomtien.

2. Queen Victoria in Soi Yodsak

3. Greg's Kitchen (2nd Road nearby)

But: on the black list (not black pudding list) is:

1. Shenannigins. Overpriced for a start and not the best dining experience in the world when I was in.

2. Jamesons - stopped serving breakfast by the time I got there on a Sunday afternoon - but, offered a 'Truck Drivers Special' or something which the waitress said was much the same thing. Very kind and she was correct. It was close enough I suppose (but who gets up at sparrow's fart on a Sunday in Pattaya? Probably trying to keep the riff-raff out. Well, I was in! Gimme breakfast!)

3. Palmers (Soi 2 is it?) Black pudding to be had but service was chaotic and although cheap, it was no bargain.

In Bangkok - old habits die hard and Chequers still does a Full Monty (beans can sometimes be like bullets though - and again, no black pudding.) There aren't enough tables downstairs 'cos there ain't enough room which is a shame. Get in early and bag the one by the window if with friends. Also got newspapers and magazines. Nice. Swings it every time.

Archived