English Breakfast?

follies

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiwi Cafe is approx 150 meters in from Sukhumvit Road on the right hand side. We are in the same building as Larry's Dive. At the moment no we do not have Black Pudding but now that I know people want it I am happy to add to the Breakfast.

More common in an Irish breakfast than a Scottish breakfast.

An Irish breakfast consisting of sausages, black and white pudding, bacon and fried eggs, served with orange juice.

300px-Irish_breakfast.jpg

"White pudding or Oatmeal Pudding is a meat dish popular in Scotland, Ireland, and Newfoundland. It is also quite popular in Devon and Cornwall, where it is known as Hog's pudding. It is very similar to black pudding, but does not include blood. Consequentially, it consists of pork meat and fat, suet, bread, and oatmeal formed into the shape of a large sausage. Earlier versions (pre-1990) often had brain matter (sheep) added as a binding agent.

In Scotland, white pudding can also be known as Mealy Pudding. It consists of suet, oatmeal, onions and spices. Some versions of Scottish white pudding are suitable for vegans, in that they contain no animal fat, vegetable fat being used instead.

The pudding may be cooked whole, or cut into slices and fried. It is an important feature of the traditional Irish breakfast. White pudding (as well as its black and red relatives) is also served battered at chip shops in Scotland as an alternative to fish. When served this way, accompanied by chips, it is known as a White Pudding Supper. In Scotland, it is also a traditional companion to mince and tatties."

White pudding is nice. I love Blackpudding. I miss mcsween Haggis from when I lived In Scotland.

MM, I ate some pretty unhealthy stuff in Glasgow.

Great hangover cure number 1, was the breakfast in the bap,egg,lorne sausage,taty bread,bacon and black pudding with tomato sauce finsished off with a battered mars bar and a can of coke or irn bru. Use to get this when I lived in Hyndland. The little cafe at Partick train station.

DO you know it MM?

In Pattaya, CANTERBURY TALES, on Soi Chaiyapoon off Soi Buakow has a full English breakfast containing at least a years ration of cholesterol; three fried eggs, bacon, bangers, beans, black pudding, fried bread, toast and coffee (undrinkable) or tea: B99

It doubles as a used bookstore with a decent selection of reasonably priced used books. There are also rooms for rent at B400 and up.

Archived