FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Arsenalâ??s 2008 is 1989 revisited

Is football cyclical? Well letâ??s hope so, nineteen years on from a run-in that aged all who remember it

There are a few similarities between 1989 and this season.

The odds might be against us now, but it can be done

We have a young emerging side â?? remember Rocky, Thomas etc.

Some of the pitches have been crap Wigan, Man Utd in FA Cup, In â??89 our own pitch was cutting up rough. And remember the 2-2 away game at OT then when Tony Adams put through his own goal? Awful surface.

Controversy that spurred us on. For losing Eduardo in controversial circumstances, think Paul Davis breaking Cockerill's jaw and getting a long ban.

Draws against poor sides - Millwall, Charlton, Wimbledon.

Letâ??s hope in the big games away we can compensate, starting at Chelsea on â??grand slam Sundayâ??. Keep the faith Gooners everywhere - it is still very much alive.

:content:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tottenham did the perfect thing in giving Chelsea a fighting 4 to 4 draw at the Lane to ensure the scum continue to fade this season, along with their title dreams. Chelsea were invigorated and Grant himself (sans expression) with his job hanging by a thread.

So, they put the scum down with clear concise play :) Manchester can take the bloody title again, whatever. Just no scum please. Not that they are in form enough to make a second run on winning the league.

theNumbers

Definitely looks like man yoo's title obvioulsy. Truth be told, I harbored private reservations about our title chances, even if we had won and man yoo had lost.

I'd rather chelsea than man yoo win it, but if man yoo go on to win it they would have deserved it. In terms of consistency and good football over the course of the season.

I can certainly understand why scum fans would rather us not win the title. The same would be if conditions were reversed (thank God they never will be in my life time :content: ).

Mascherano only has himself to blame for the sending off and he above all else should shoulder the blame, however, I do think that he was failed by a few people. He was in a state. He was a sending off waiting to happen. It was plain to see and Bennett was in no mood for theatrics and talking back that day. First, Gerrard as captain should have had a word with him. A good captain knows his players. The manager can't enter the pitch so the captain is better placed to sort him out. Second, Rafa should have seen Mascherano running to the referee after every foul and seen it coming and subbed him off or had him sorted out as well. Finally, to a lesser extent the Liverpool player, his name escapes me, who was nearest the referee, and saw Mascherano running all the way across the pitch to confront the referee should have grabbed him or barred his way to the referee.

I've been chosen captain on most teams I've played on. Not because I was the best player but because...aheam...I had leadership qualities (quit laughing Sayjann :nahnah: ). I've had the coach sub players who weren't at the races in decisivive matches. Some teammates need a foot up the ass and others need an arm around the shoulder. You must know your teammates. The best squads are those that need very little interferring from the captain, they lead themselves most of the time. While others need constant tinkering and involvement.

Steve,Mekong etc.

i'm really pissed off as you are allowed to say things but i am not....... :thumbdown:

if i wanted to make any comment on the Liverpool Game i would be accused of bias.

if i wanted to say how good i thought Arsenal played then i would have been accused of taking the piss.

would be good to give my view but a certain Scotch Man will jump down my throat....... :confused:

i just wish i knew why he hates me so much............ :dunno:

Sayjaan

Your not sorry at all :D

The last time I saw a back heel like that at OT was when Dennis Law scorded against us for City in '74, Ronaldo just seems to get better with each game, just when you think you have seen it all he comes up with something else.

Hats off to Arsenal, good comeback to keep pushing us to the finishing line.

Archived