Christian Troy Update

MooNoi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you to everyone, you actually said quite some nice things that made me fell better!

The reason why I was off the board for a while is because I had some rough weeks, Aunt died, My German neighbors apartment burned out and destroyed parts of mine, I got a small stomach cancer removed and because of that I went to a full check up here in Germany and was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myelogenous Leukemia) It could have been worse, it could have been a chronic leukemia and I agreed to participate on a new experimental treatment which doesn't require chemotherapy! They first made my immune system defenseless, then they killed large amounts of the immature white blood cells which prevented the bone marrow to produce new red blood cells and now I am on meds that "freeze" the current state. It won't get worse and it won't get better and since these drugs are experimental the docs assume that my bodies system will evolve and find a way around the meds but it gives me about 10 years time to find a bone marrow doner! Since I am not insured and the hospital is making pure money with me I was on 3rd position for a transplant, however I turned down a transplant for now because that would have meant that somebody else who really needs it has to die and I am in no health threatening state! Most likely I will go to Dubai in 2 weeks to give them a sample of my own bone marrow. They are able and allowed to alter the stem cells. I have talked with one of the docs already and he said he is positive i could be my own doner!

However... it all sounds like a bad thing but I do understand all this as a message from my body to change my lifestyle. The diagnose could have been worse and the treatment could have failed. No chemotherapy and stalling my state for 10 years is pretty good news and that's the way I want anyone to look at this! No reason for pity because I have seen people who did A LOT worse than me and I am really lucky to get away with it so easy!

I was just not in the mood to post here for a while because it reminds me what I am missing, i had internet access in the hospital and was basically play Second Life the entire time since I can't sleep as a side effect of the drugs! In the next days I will report about my experience in Second Life and I can already promise you guys tears of joy and laughter. That post is going to knock you out, I promise and it will create a Second Life boom on this board.

Have fun guys and thanx for the kind and uplifting words!

Archived