Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

MooNoi

There have been posts before that mention that Thais can spot a bar girl from a mile off and will be able to pick it straight away.

Does the same apply to sex tourists and expats / sexpats being spotted by so-called good Thai girls? :dunno:

Quite often I've been out in a non-P4P venue such as RCA, Ratchada, Khao San etc and struck up a conversation with a GTG and the question always comes up along the lines of: "So, have you been to Patpong before?" (Or occaisionally Nana or Soi Cowboy, but Patpong seems to be the most common venue used).

Of course I always answer in the negative. ("Noooo... only bad men go down there. I'm only young man! I don't need to go to place like that!") Or words to that effect. :crazy:

And I always say "I've been to Pattaya one time, but didn't like it and left after 2 days!" :rolleyes: Mentioning you have holidayed in Pattaya seems to have the same effect as fly spray on an insect as far as good Thai girls are concerned.

Do you think they can see right through us and label us as a player in the sex-for-sale scene regardless of whether we deny it or not?

I'm sure there are stereotypes that come into play here that make a difference: weight, age, living in Bangkok or holiday, speak Thai or not, if you're there alone or with farang friends or Thai friends....

I remember speaking to one lovely young philly in Susie Pub in Khao San one night... or trying to. I think I said about 2 lines to her and she came back with "farang man no good. Only here for sex with prostitute. Mai chawb!" And walked off. WTF? :confused: Maybe it was that time of month.

In summation, I think if you live here and speak Thai it makes it so much easier to meet GTG's. But it seems to take a while to get their trust as far as being a punter in the sex scene is concerned.

You're so-often stereotyped as a sex tourist or sexpat just becuase you happen to be male and in Thailand. (But hey - everyone on this board and reading this IS, HAS BEEN or WILL BE part of that scene, so we really have nothing to argue about I guess if they *DO* stereotype us... stereotypes exist for a reason - 'cause they're usually true! :smirk: )

I've had to cover my sanuk-scene tracks from GTG's many times!! Particularly when it comes to the mobile phone! :p

But that can be part of the fun of living in Thailand when you're a single guy too! :grinyes:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very true.

Which is why if I go out (especially to non-sanuk venues) I always make sure I'm presentable and looking as descent as possible.

A lot of decent and upscale places won't let you in if you're wearing crappy clothes. Which is a good thing. I hate rif-raff in nice places!

And I always say "I've been to Pattaya one time, but didn't like it and left after 2 days!" Mentioning you have holidayed in Pattaya seems to have the same effect as fly spray on an insect as far as good Thai girls are concerned.

Piggy: Just a suggestion. Why not say you went to Pattaya once on a company outing, for the seafood, and it was very nice! (like you had the blinders on and never saw the other side) The girl might just agree with you, or not. :D

Piggy: Just a suggestion. Why not say you went to Pattaya once on a company outing, for the seafood, and it was very nice! (like you had the blinders on and never saw the other side) The girl might just agree with you, or not.

Hmmm...

:hmmm:

I like it! :thumbup:

Lot of Thai girls, good or bad, assume we're there for sex no matter what. The questions they ask just reinforce the stereotype.

I'm usually pretty honest if the subject comes up. I'll tell them I've been around the scene, but find it boring, which is actually somewhat true. Some accept it, some don't.

You can make up stories about what you have or haven't done, but then you're perpetuating another stereotype the girls have about us...that we're all liars.

Just have to pick your poison I guess.

Archived