Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

MooNoi

Well of course they are! :) Farang=money. Of course they cheat each other as well...but from talking to a lot of these Thais here and there, I have come to realize, we only mean money to them...talking to us is the price they sometimes have to pay.

Yes yes, of course exceptions apply.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your in your 20's you can wear shorts and slippers and most thais won't think your a sex tourist. If your older and dress the same and don't take care of yourself then you will probably get labeled as such even if your not one.

I think this is kind of unfortunate as some people (myself included) like to dress down as they find it more comfortable. It is certainly not because I can't afford to dress better but who the f wants to spend 30 minutes ironing their shirts every day. I guess if you employ a maid to handle all the stuff it wouldn't be so bad.

Some examples:

- One friend from UK is a (still) young expat on an expat package in BKK.

He has a (long term) thai girlfriend and we are all often going out together.

Nobody ever thought he was a sex tourist.

Reasons: The look and attitude of both him and her.

- My case: Of no interest as I am often mistaken for a japanese or a korean although fully educated and grown in Europe.....

A GTG can spot a sex tourist?

Yes almost everytime as well as most other people living in THailand.

Spot a sexpat?

Yes if he is with a bargirl who behaves like....a Bg, yes if they look like a sexpat and a BG.

- Another friend is swedish and is also on expat package -> he is a sexpat but with a big touch of "class and style".

He chooses carefully his BG and nobody ever said something (he speaks very decently thai) or behaved as if he was a sexpat.

IMHO: Appearance and attitude (plus choosing well your partner) are everything (and being wealthy helps)

If your in your 20's you can wear shorts and slippers and most thais won't think your a sex tourist.....

Bollock's! If you're in your 20's in LOS wearing shorts and slippers you will most definitely be identified as a sex tourist. What else would you be doing there, certainly not working.

....Of course I always answer in the negative. ("Noooo... only bad men go down there. I'm only young man! I don't need to go to place like that!") Or words to that effect. :crazy: .....

Do you think she spotted your syrup and that your nose was getting longer by the minute? :)

Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

No.

Easy answer really. Don't think I need to clarify this while everyone else merrily continues their banter?

Ah heck, ok, the pearls:

1. Good Thai Girls have zero experience with the Western nightlife scene so wouldn't be able to match anything that's associated with it with anything else. Also the common misconception of 'being able to spot a bargirl a mile away' is just that, a misconception. Sure they can spot a LOWER CLASS girl a mile away, and those with SOME side-exposure to the nightlife scene will get very close just like you and me, but general 'good' Thais? Nope.

2. The whole premise of this question is that sexpats / sex tourists have defining characteristics, which isn't really the case. Sure you go to Foodland Soi 5 and you see a type, spot a Westerner anywhere else and the probability to identify rapidly drops to below 50%.

Archived