Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

MooNoi

Clearly you are living in an alternate universe to the one i inhabit...

I agree on one point...a lot of tourists coming these days are non-sex tourists. Lots of families etc.

A lot of Thais do make assumptions...the TG-falang stereotype is there still...i get insinuating comments all the time from taxi drivers, strangers (male passers-by) and older ladies. My Girlfriend is extremely beautiful, a GTG, from a good family, i'm not old for certain, but the looks and comments from Thais are often derogatory. For the record i know and meet hundreds of Thais. Sure, lots of the younger generation are ok with Thai-falang relationships but the older generation are scornful and sometimes really nasty, assuming my GF must be in it for the money...or that i'm just out for sex and will fuck her around.

Many Thais (mostly older Thais) do indeed look down on falangs...i speak Thai reasonably well...i know what they gossip about. Parhaps it is you who requires some further learning on this issue? Your post was certainly dismissive and hostile in tone, yet another 'expert' i presume...

glad to be living in a different universe...

i've lived/worked here in the early 90's and again now...lived in the region in the intervening years and oft visisted, be it for work or leisure...does this make me an expert?...far from; i never will be and i never pretend to be one...it's the person who posted the rubbish pretending to be know what most thais thought who thinks he knows all...

but what i do know is that attitudes among thais re thai-farang relations have changed dramatically...in the early '90s my then-gf's (like your gf, all my thai female friends, whether (ex)gf's or just friends, are "extremely beautiful" gtg's who come from good families) faced plenty of scorn and derision, often openly...no more...

old-timers still may be scornful, but not more so than older caucasians in the west look down upon blacks (let alone muslims)...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"...Took me about 4 days to get used to it and join the crew..."

It took you 4 days to turn into a fat old farang? :)

Nah, I was already old (37), but not fat.

I just didn't want to go into a long explanation about it, so I'll try to be brief.

I'd been exposed to P4P in the PI and Indo since I was in my mid-twenties. But the sight of some fat old German guy abusing his wife, while she was trying to take care of their two kids (I assumed she was the maid at the time) at the domestic terminal at Don Muang made me sick, and I was about to intervene. I was with my wife and kid, and it was a great introduction to Thailand. :thumbdown: In retrospect, after all the other stuff I saw later in Phuket, I think she was the wife.

What I meant was that it took me a surprising 4 days to stray from the nest and become like that guy in certain respects.

I'm like that. :D

The difference is, I don't treat them like shit.

Mr. Wolf,

Allow me to point out a few flaws in you rather hostile comments.

First off sir, I am 55 years old, my wife is 45. Now then, when we stroll about, we do indeed get stares and innuendo cast upon us. Some have even made inquiry as to how we met and made suggestion as to my wife having previous employment in the nightlife, she most certainly did not.

My daughter is 20, and you should see and hear how we are viewed when walking about in Bangkok, Samui or Nong Kai. I can assure you sir, it is not at all kind.

I can also inform you of several occasions where in, ather nasty comments were made about me to my wife and daughter, while the offending party was unaware of my relation to them.

So you see sir, from my experience your comments are wrong and inappropriate. Furthermore, the manner in which you present your comments is nothing short of common and vulgar. Very clearly, you know nothing about that which you speak.

Might I make a suggestion you stop posting here, and study for a career as a veterinarian, as it is apparent to me you know all about being a horses back side.

Best Regards-BST

so would you say, as this old hippie poster said, that all (or even most) thais, when seeing a thai-farang couple, immediately and in all cases assume bg and sexpat?

it is that bigoted arrogance -- pretending to know the thoughts of 65m-odd people -- that i fulminated against...

do you honestly think that most thais disapprove of your union? and, as you've been together for a couple of decades, have not not noticed a rather pronounced change in attitudes?

pm me when you need your horse's backside examined.

warm regards,

CW - assinarian

Sorry Munchie. But don't agree with this. Most tourists in their 20's in LOS wearing shorts and slippers flip-flops are not here primarily for sex and are back-packers or couples in their 20s on a holiday package to somewhere "romantic" and "exotic".

Fair point. :thumbup:

I'm not the oldest/fattest farang on the Skytrain but I'm not 50 anymore either. Maybe during the day in my standard cargo pants and polo shirt (at least in BKK), Thais would not automatically be thinking "sex tourist." But I am at the point that if I seriously try to chat up a GTG, she is probably going to be thinking "Who does does this old goat think I am." Nothing wrong with a little light flirting, but wouldn't expect much to come of it. :sad:

nkped,

No offence but IMHO indeed not unlikely if she happens to be half your age, but not only in BKK btw.

But what the hell, if they're somewhere near your age let them think whatever they want. "Old goat bla bla" It's not like you're harrassing or stalking them in any way, so what's wrong with an innocent chat or flirt.

If you aren't in the most inappropriate of all places and look somewhere near presentable I say go for it. You gotta live, no?

For sure, IMO, the Thais do not think sex-pat right out of the box...if,

the couple is matched...meaning 50 yr old man, 40 yr old woman = NOT sex-pat...however, from what I have been told, the Thais will look down on a Thai lady that takes up (relationship, marry, whatever) with a farang.

For a while, the tee rak was very uncomfortable to hold hands with me in the moo ban and she related that the neighbors looked down on her for being with a farang.

Just a limited experience, but I think the Thai thinking takes in much more then just a 50 yr old with a 20 yr old...

Mr. Wolf' date='

Allow me to point out a few flaws in you rather hostile comments.

First off sir, I am 55 years old, my wife is 45. Now then, when we stroll about, we do indeed get stares and innuendo cast upon us. Some have even made inquiry as to how we met and made suggestion as to my wife having previous employment in the nightlife, she most certainly did not.

My daughter is 20, and you should see and hear how we are viewed when walking about in Bangkok, Samui or Nong Kai. I can assure you sir, it is not at all kind.

I can also inform you of several occasions where in, ather nasty comments were made about me to my wife and daughter, while the offending party was unaware of my relation to them.

So you see sir, from my experience your comments are wrong and inappropriate. Furthermore, the manner in which you present your comments is nothing short of common and vulgar. Very clearly, you know nothing about that which you speak.

Might I make a suggestion you stop posting here, and study for a career as a veterinarian, as it is apparent to me you know all about being a horses back side.

Best Regards-BST

[/quote']

so would you say, as this old hippie poster said, that all (or even most) thais, when seeing a thai-farang couple, immediately and in all cases assume bg and sexpat?

it is that bigoted arrogance -- pretending to know the thoughts of 65m-odd people -- that i fulminated against...

do you honestly think that most thais disapprove of your union? and, as you've been together for a couple of decades, have not not noticed a rather pronounced change in attitudes?

pm me when you need your horse's backside examined.

warm regards,

CW - assinarian

I am sorry, but whether it is bigotry or not, you have to say that in most cases when a Thai sees a TG & Farang then they are going to assume sexpat and bargirl. Its not nice, its not right (although in most cases it probably is) its just the way it is. I have to say that I am guilty of this bias too though I've mellowed in my views since first coming to LOS.

Archived