Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

MooNoi

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they can not

I was dating a girl from our golf club who worked there as Sales Exec, She thought i was a very normal husband only interested in chatting and maybee a little romance, until she heared from her ex colleague, who now worked in the hotel I stayed in that I took all kinds of girls with me during my nights out.. (they thouight I could not understand their conversation, she really wantd to know lots about me during that 10 minutes chat they had, now she has not contacted me anymore :( )

Of course they cannot, what are they mindreaders? GTGs wouldn`t have too much experience in sex tourists or sexpats anyway, now would they?

Everybody is perfectly able to behave in an acceptable manner according to the company he/she is with, goes for BGs and punters as well.

So if one is not exactly wearing the ridiculous T-shirt saying that good guys goes to Heaven ...etc. they wouldn`t have a clue. They may be suspicious, but they would prolly be suspicious with each and every farang male in Los as well.

HN Said

GTGs wouldn`t have too much experience in sex tourists or sexpats anyway, now would they?

Here Here,

At last someone says what I have been thinking all along. For some reason a lot of Sex tourists (I was guilty of it in my early years) seem to think that Bangkok is Lower Sukhumvit and Patpong , whereas in reality they are just a couple of areas of the city where your average Thai would just stay away from.

If a Farang is seen with a Thai female within these zones then it is assumed Punter/Hooker not by looks but based on location and the reputation certain areas have, go elsewhere in BKK (ie the other 99% away from the tourist areas / skytrain accessable zones) and you won't get won't get a second look.

I tend to find it is other Farangs who are more judgmental than Thai's,I remember an Incident a few years ago when I was in KSR with my now ex GF, Thai born moved to Aus when she was 12, back to Thailand when she was mid 20's, and also fluent in French. A group of French tourists were making comments and when the GF gave them a mouthful in French the look on their faces was priceless.

I disagree Mr. Nguu. Most Thai girls these days that are even somewhat educated know a bit about the country's illicit reputation in certain Western nations, which is only a portion of those nations.

They do assume alot of the guys around the farang ghetto are "dodgy" and into "hookers." I've been over that point time and again with some Thai friends. It is about how you dress and saunter around and the company you keep too.

This is in general terms to say that some mean spirited people will assume you are a dirty child-rapist if you: wear cargo shorts, fake oakley sunglasses, foam at the mouth and rub your beer gut walking around solo near Asok junction. Others would give you the benefit of the doubt if you are dressed properly like you came from a job and are walking with somebody in a relative age range to your own.

To Mekong.. I don't think the farangs are any nastier or less than the Thais in a given situation; it might just be that their stereotypes are just more arch and even less informed than others.

Oh, and it is rubbish about Thais not thinking you are dodgy if you are off Sukhumvit and out with your dark piece of Isaan sex du jour. They will talk about you because you are caucasian to begin with... where that goes varies, but it can certainly be extremely racist and involve your shagging that girl for cash.

Don't discount the way people can dissect social situations, strata and behavior on the street. Odds are you are not fooling half the people you think you are..

Cheers,

theNumbers

I have no doubts that they assume a lot, but can they spot a sex tourist/sexpat/bg for that matter, if they are not openly sending out signals like the ones you mentioned in your post? I`d say, no way.

None of us was born a punter nor a BG, most people I know of are perfectly able to behave/dress/speak in a manner acceptable to the people they interact with.

I mean you wouldn`t speak to your grandparents the way your speak to your mates during a piss up at the local strip joint.

SOME people just don`t give a shit what they are perceived like, they should be easily spotted, but what the rest concerns, I don`t think so.

I get fooled on a regular basis and I seriously doubt that GTGs would be any better.

cheers

hn

:yeahthat:

Let's face it - the average "educated" Thai isn't that worldly and, with a reasonable cover story, nice clothes, manners, address, etc. GTG wouldn't have a clue where we'd been. I bet her farang male friends are well capable of taking the odd "bad" girl behind her back and then coming to her to play the nice guy card, just like most of us. :D

(Not that I necessarily believe she has male farang friends. :) )

In fact, most of us could probably fool each other for as long as we liked if we really wanted so there's no way a Thai could tell as long as we kept it up.

i certainly cannot spot a sex tourist....

all those good looking Men in Bars must surely be out for a bit of relaxation after a hard Day looking at all the Wats.

how many of us have enjoyed a Beer after a long Day without any other motive?.

and buying a drink for a Girl is only a good way of improving relationships between many Countries.

when i look in the mirror before a quiet Beer i see a hansum young fella who is charitable.... :grinyes:

went to a Thai Festival on Monday and i like to play a Game........who is an ex-BG.

i walked around and some who looked like the typical BG stood out,but was i wrong?.

many young Girls with older Men and that seems to me to be a beacon along with their choice of clothing.

but does this mean anything?,a lot of Women from around the World like to dress like that.

language skills are another pointer,but again i could have been completely wrong.

but i did see 1 couple who i'm convinced were ex-BG and punter or maybe mail order bride.

Archived