Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

MooNoi

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, of course they can spot us... but who cares, that's what they're looking for anyway! They know we're men, and that all men - although perhaps especially farang men in Thailand - will sin. What's important to them is that you're smart enough or care enough to hide your tracks -- so, for example, have I ever been to Pattaya? NEVER! What kind of guy do you think I am? I only go to Jomtien for the weekend sometimes, with my Thai colleagues...

Where do you think tons of these so called GTG's go over weekends, Jomtien muan kan.

... where they can be found at Lucifer on Walking Street, making some extra cash...

Khao San Road went pro about 8 or 10 years ago... although there are girls just looking for a farang hook-up or boyfriend, including some from offices I've worked at in the past!

My personal opinion is this...they see a farang, assume he is a sex tourist. They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker...all this until other wise clarified by actually talking to them/us...if they even have to bother at all.

Frankly, I think many Thais in general look down on us farangs for a whole magnitude of reasons, sex tourist being just one of them.

You can make up stories about what you have or haven't done, but then you're perpetuating another stereotype the girls have about us...that we're all liars.

As compared to them? Being women and being Thai? :dunno::)

I give them the Thai treatment - i.e. treat the truth as the best thing they'll want to hear rather than what we'd traditionally know it as.

I dress nicely (NO SHORTS), speak proper Thai (I can't seem to pick up Thai by listening to actual people, I have to read it so I'm in little danger of coming out up bargirl Thai) so they shouldn't really be able to tell.

Basically, I don't think they can tell. They just suspect. And, in the true Thai way, as long as you don't tell them, you're OK.

My personal opinion is this...they see a farang, assume he is a sex tourist. They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker...all this until other wise clarified by actually talking to them/us...if they even have to bother at all.

Frankly, I think many Thais in general look down on us farangs for a whole magnitude of reasons, sex tourist being just one of them.

But they are still glad to take our $$$$$$$$$$$

Archived