Can A Good Thai Girl Spot A Sex Tourist or Sexpat?

MooNoi

One of the first question I'm always asked (other than, "what your name, where you from, how long you stay" is..."you come Thailand before". I know the question is more than a simple ice-breaker. As soon as you say you've been to LOS 3 or 4 or 8 times, their eyes immediately seem to wander in search of easier prey. I now say somthing like, "no, first time... or, "come to Thailand 1X before with girlfriend, but no good time." Can they spot us? I think so. Do they resent us? i don't think so. I don't find Thais in general to be very judgmental.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the first question I'm always asked (other than, "what your name, where you from, how long you stay" is..."you come Thailand before". I know the question is more than a simple ice-breaker. As soon as you say you've been to LOS 3 or 4 or 8 times, their eyes immediately seem to wander in search of easier prey. I now say somthing like, "no, first time... or, "come to Thailand 1X before with girlfriend, but no good time." Can they spot us? I think so. Do they resent us? i don't think so. I don't find Thais in general to be very judgmental.

That's a different can of worms, mate. :nono: If (you say) it's your first time in Thailand, a hooker'll tap you for more money than she would dare ask from a veteran, or at least she'll try to. Understandable. They are interested in your money, not in you. :(

I've often thought they should just cut the cobblers and say, "Your wallet cum Thailand before?" :doah:

jack :help:

My personal opinion is this...they see a farang' date=' assume he is a sex tourist. They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker...all this until other wise clarified by actually talking to them/us...if they even have to bother at all.

Frankly, I think many Thais in general look down on us farangs for a whole magnitude of reasons, sex tourist being just one of them.[/quote']

Hate to say it OH, but 90% probably are sex tourists :smirk:

all rubbish imho, and plain sexpat (99% of board members?) logic: sexpats continue to believe they are the centre of modern thailand and have an extraordinary influence on all sorts of matters thai.

"90% are sex tourists"??? then how come the bars are empty while the planes landing at swampyphoom are full? sexpats may find it hard to believe, but there's more to thailand than nep and pattaya.

"they see a farang, assume he is a sex tourist. They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker"??? maybe 20 years ago but definitely no longer. just shows you don't know many thais yourself and, probably because of low self-esteem, don't like them much either.

"I think many Thais in general look down on us farangs"??? indeed, you're a bigot and/or have never met a thai person in your life.

Clearly you are living in an alternate universe to the one i inhabit...

I agree on one point...a lot of tourists coming these days are non-sex tourists. Lots of families etc.

A lot of Thais do make assumptions...the TG-falang stereotype is there still...i get insinuating comments all the time from taxi drivers, strangers (male passers-by) and older ladies. My Girlfriend is extremely beautiful, a GTG, from a good family, i'm not old for certain, but the looks and comments from Thais are often derogatory. For the record i know and meet hundreds of Thais. Sure, lots of the younger generation are ok with Thai-falang relationships but the older generation are scornful and sometimes really nasty, assuming my GF must be in it for the money...or that i'm just out for sex and will fuck her around.

Many Thais (mostly older Thais) do indeed look down on falangs...i speak Thai reasonably well...i know what they gossip about. Parhaps it is you who requires some further learning on this issue? Your post was certainly dismissive and hostile in tone, yet another 'expert' i presume...

They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker"??? maybe 20 years ago but definitely no longer. just shows you don't know many thais yourself and, probably because of low self-esteem, don't like them much either.

"I think many Thais in general look down on us farangs"??? indeed, you're a bigot and/or have never met a thai person in your life.

Sorry CW- you are just wrong here.

I don't know what the Thais think, but I suggest everyone think back to your initial impressions from your first trip to Thailand, upon seeing fat, old farangs arm-in arm with young Thai girls.

If you were reasonably young and fit, I bet you were disgusted. I was.

Took me about 4 days to get used to it and join the crew. :D

My personal opinion is this...they see a farang' date=' assume he is a sex tourist. They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker...all this until other wise clarified by actually talking to them/us...if they even have to bother at all.

Frankly, I think many Thais in general look down on us farangs for a whole magnitude of reasons, sex tourist being just one of them.[/quote']

Hate to say it OH, but 90% probably are sex tourists :smirk:

all rubbish imho, and plain sexpat (99% of board members?) logic: sexpats continue to believe they are the centre of modern thailand and have an extraordinary influence on all sorts of matters thai.

"90% are sex tourists"??? then how come the bars are empty while the planes landing at swampyphoom are full? sexpats may find it hard to believe, but there's more to thailand than nep and pattaya.

"they see a farang, assume he is a sex tourist. They see a TG with a farang, they assume she is a hooker"??? maybe 20 years ago but definitely no longer. just shows you don't know many thais yourself and, probably because of low self-esteem, don't like them much either.

Mr. Wolf,

Allow me to point out a few flaws in you rather hostile comments.

First off sir, I am 55 years old, my wife is 45. Now then, when we stroll about, we do indeed get stares and innuendo cast upon us. Some have even made inquiry as to how we met and made suggestion as to my wife having previous employment in the nightlife, she most certainly did not.

My daughter is 20, and you should see and hear how we are viewed when walking about in Bangkok, Samui or Nong Kai. I can assure you sir, it is not at all kind.

I can also inform you of several occasions where in, ather nasty comments were made about me to my wife and daughter, while the offending party was unaware of my relation to them.

So you see sir, from my experience your comments are wrong and inappropriate. Furthermore, the manner in which you present your comments is nothing short of common and vulgar. Very clearly, you know nothing about that which you speak.

Might I make a suggestion you stop posting here, and study for a career as a veterinarian, as it is apparent to me you know all about being a horses back side.

Best Regards-BST

Archived