Can a GTG or a BG spot if you are an English Teacher?

David99UK

Further to the recent thread on whether a GTG can spot whether a farang is a Sexpat or Sex Tourist to be honest I would be more embarrassed if any Thais thought I was an English Teacher :smirk:

For the record if together as a couple any Thais thought we met in a Temple they would need their heads examined!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all.

Tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

I know there's a lot of very professional English teachers up there earning good money in International Schools and the like. (My brother-in-law being one).

Just a comment about the unqualified teachers teaching in dodgy language schools earning a pittance simply so they can stay in Thailand, drink beer and chase bar girls.

Re-reading my hastily-written post I can see how you took it the wrong way, so my apolgies.

:beer:

Not sure whether they can spot if you are an English teacher, but definitely I can say that English teachers aren't popular at all.

I always mention that I am an English teacher, if I want to get rid of a girl. It works almost always works fine that within a minute she will have to go dance or to the toilet...

For so called GTG (at least teh more experienced ones) English teacher aren't popular either. Here their limit budgets arenâ??t the main cause but their reputation of being big butterflysâ?¦.

At first sighting I doubt if an English teacher could be distinguished from any other punter, but based on observations over a 2-3 month period it is probably obvious based on habits/spending.

No offence to English teachers but my wife came out with a classic statement about them a few years ago when I actually gave them the time of day.

Expats on multinational transfers shouldn't have to associate with the middle aged vocationally desperate foreigners on paper boy salaries.

Probably the best advice she ever given to me.

Lots of English teachers do agreat job as MOo Noi said, and do put their heart into it.

Again, others are real bad excuses for teachers...a friend told me about a teacher who explained what the colour purple was by taking his trousers down and showing the purple boxer shorts he was wearing. He lost his job needless to say...again I ve heard of an incident where teacher slept with a year 5 student...

At first sighting I doubt if an English teacher could be distinguished from any other punter, but based on observations over a 2-3 month period it is probably obvious based on habits/spending.

No offence to English teachers but my wife came out with a classic statement about them a few years ago when I actually gave them the time of day.

Expats on multinational transfers shouldn't have to associate with the middle aged vocationally desperate foreigners on paper boy salaries.

Probably the best advice she ever given to me.

No wonder you come in for criticism. Ever heard of the term tuppence ha'penny snob? :shakehead

Archived