How To Stay Emotionally Detatched

MooNoi

There's been a lot of threads on the board recently about sponsorship of bar girls and the pitfalls of having a relationship with them.

But I think that one thing's obvious - many of the guys reading and posting here have at some stage, fallen for the charms of a working girl in LOS at some stage of their lives.

I think becoming emotionally attached to bar girls would be a problem more affecting expats more than punters on their annual or bi-annual holiday to LOS. An expat regularly playing the field in the sanuk scene gets to have his regular haunts, and following on from this, his regular girls.

But I appreciate that some guys who come on holiday for a few weeks at a time and spend most, if not all of their time with the one girl would and could become attached emotionally in some way.

Some guys seem very good at staying detatched - the Bibblies, Nervous Dogs, Chritstian Troy's and Old Hippie's of this world for example and hats off to you.

Is it a case of "once bitten, twice shy?" for you guys?

As for myself, I can usually manage to keep detached quite well. I'll admit that *VERY* occaisionally a girl comes along who I get to know quite well by spending a lot of time with and I start to think "What if...", but I usually then change my habits and make sure I keep my distance from her for a while and move on and then everything's ok.

What do you think is the best way to keep emotional involvment with bar girls to a minimum, and keep things in perspective for what it really is - prostitution?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my case.

During 5 years of being either expat or tourist

(business most of the time but it helps using bkk as your base of operations in asia...)

although I am now living with an ex-BG (but this is another story)

so for 5 years I have never been emotionally involved with a BG:

Of course, some BG were regulars for some time

(and me a regular customer too) because they were usually more intelligent than the average and better in bed....

Some of them were quite attractive and I mean not only their bedtime qualities.

I think the reason I never grew too much involved

(except financially, maybe too much spending)

was I certainly kept reminding myself when I felt that "something" could attract me to a specific girl:

which qualities are you really looking for in a woman.

Other than that, I have no other explanations.

There's been a lot of threads on the board recently about sponsorship of bar girls and the pitfalls of having a relationship with them.

But I think that one thing's obvious - many of the guys reading and posting here have at some stage, fallen for the charms of a working girl in LOS at some stage of their lives.

I think becoming emotionally attached to bar girls would be a problem more affecting expats more than punters on their annual or bi-annual holiday to LOS. An expat regularly playing the field in the sanuk scene gets to have his regular haunts, and following on from this, his regular girls.

But I appreciate that some guys who come on holiday for a few weeks at a time and spend most, if not all of their time with the one girl would and could become attached emotionally in some way.

Some guys seem very good at staying detatched - the Bibblies, Nervous Dogs, Chritstian Troy's and Old Hippie's of this world for example and hats off to you.

Is it a case of "once bitten, twice shy?" for you guys?

As for myself, I can usually manage to keep detached quite well. I'll admit that *VERY* occaisionally a girl comes along who I get to know quite well by spending a lot of time with and I start to think "What if...", but I usually then change my habits and make sure I keep my distance from her for a while and move on and then everything's ok.

What do you think is the best way to keep emotional involvment with bar girls to a minimum, and keep things in perspective for what it really is - prostitution?

I think every man should fall in love once, when he's young with a new young wife.

Anything after that is not only ridiculous but a waste of energy.

......As for myself, I can usually manage to keep detached quite well. I'll admit that *VERY* occaisionally a girl comes along who I get to know quite well by spending a lot of time with and I start to think "What if...", but I usually then change my habits and make sure I keep my distance from her for a while and move on and then everything's ok.

I have always managed to keep myself detached from the bargirls, both when I lived in LOS and now that I am just a regular visitor. I haven't tried to do it it's just the way I am. :dunno: I've had my share of regulars but never considered shacking up with any of them or God forbid actually marrying any of them! :yikes:

I have had a few (3) relationships with GTG's but the last of them finished in the mid 90's.

"...Some guys seem very good at staying detatched - the Bibblies, Nervous Dogs, Chritstian Troy's and Old Hippie's of this world for example and hats off to you..."

I think we all got burned at least once. In my case, met her before she was a hardened whore, and when she made the career move, she took me off the list, and hasn't fucked me since...which is what really pisses me off! I hate whores who say no! It just smacks of unprofessional behavior!

Ahhhhhhhhh :yikes:

Sneak into the bar she works at :shhh: and watch her working another big nasty punter!!!! :fever::barf:

no, that doesn't work, just makes you nuts and only inspires homicidal feelings.

O.k. Once again, a reminder, "THIS IS ALL JUST BUSINESS!!!"

Oddly enough I don't get emotionally attached to my waitress, AIS service counter girl, MacDonald's female staff, the female bus conductor either

Bit confused by why you would get emotionally attached to a business transaction

DOG

True enough, but I seem to recall one in your passed that you were a bit attached to..."love of my life" you called her, not the Katoey we shared in Hua Hin.

As for the shirt slogans, my favorite is " yeah she is hot, but somewhere, some guy is sick of her shit..."

Archived