Anyone Famous in Your Family?

MooNoi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My (Thai) mother-in-law was a reasonably well known actress in the late 60s-70s. Thai uncle-in-law owns a hospital in the Mango and is usually seen on the socialite pages.

My old man had quite a few photos published in Life magazine in the 40s (was a Navy photographer during WWII).

But does any of that really count?

Cheers,

SD

Gran was a 1920 's Australian model. Made front page on some mag's (not those sorts), got some hanging on the wall.

My dad I think sometimes has mini fantasies that he's famous, other than that where just a bunch of typical ozzies (except I dont wear singlets).

FA...

How far back do you want to go? I'm descended from the wealthiest man in 18th century VA, who owned over 1,000 slaves. Also an 18th century Virginian whose correspondence with George Washington during the French & Injun War (Seven Years War) is in the Nat Archives. Nellie Tayloe Ross, first woman guv in the US was a cousin. So is Robert E. Lee. Then again I'm supposedly descended from King Wm Rufus of England and even Charlemagne. Got English and Swiss nobility in there too, also a 19th century US Senator.

But I'm also descended from a lot more ordinary farmers, tradesmen, bakers, doctors, teachers etc.

Dig around and almost anybody came come up with a few prominent ancestors.

Actually my family tree, on my dad's side they come from a small forest on welsh english border, odd thing was neither the welsh or english wanted the people living there. Great Great Great whatever grandfather was collected in a round up and group baptism (which is how we now) in the early 1700's

Mum's side, Catholics kicked out of France, went to Scotland, joined the Protestant Boyd Clan, had the the family crest forcibly changed from a "Up Yours" to the peace sign, moved to ireland, and migled with crazy Catholics (seems to be a theme, let's not choose religion, but choose a fight) and sent to Australia.

Exact opposite of famous and I am the product of these anti social buggers!

Archived