Anyone Famous in Your Family?

MooNoi

I went to a dinner party on Saturday night and we had a discussion during the night about famous people in our families. It was amazing that out of about 18 people there, probably about 6 had someone of note back in their family history who actually did something pretty amazing.

Do you have anyone famous in your family or family background?

My great uncle was Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet , one of Australia's top scientists and Nobel Prize winner back in the 60's.

The Nobel Prize is actually hanging on my Dad's wall in his house which is pretty cool.

I'm willing to bet Firey Jack's got a famous relative lurking in the background somewhere! :thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes my adoptive parents have quite a few famous people unfortunately they were all in czech republic or germany and they are not quite recent (one in the 15th century and the others spread among the other centuries)

I guess you are the "luckiest" with your great uncle.

Beside of this I am famous :beer:

I know at least 5 places in Bangkok where I am a local celebrity

:neener:

-> all the girls know me

:rotl:

one of Australia's top scientists

wow' date=' that's tough to be.[/quote']

Australia happens to be one of the countries that leads the way in many areas of medical research - eg. cancer, HIV/AIDS, as well as other areas of science and technology.

And I assume that you were having a crack at "Australia" as a country, (which I don't have a problem with), not at someone in my family. I'll read it that way anyway.

Archived