Anyone Famous in Your Family?

MooNoi

Now I have a much better understanding of many things... :grinyes::neener::grinyes:

My Love to Mum....but hide the 3 Swallows...lol...

Cheers DC....still recovering after a 12 hour session with Tiger on Saturday... (but would never be game to go 1 for 1 with Mum)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If famity, or infamity is based on column inches printed in the tabloids I am probably the most famous person in my family. Three occasions that embarrassed the family stick in my mind.

June 1977

As a 13 year old I got most of the youth club wasted on Magic Mushrooms, 17 people had to have a stomcache pump, intervied on Granada (local) TV

August 1987

A Port Erin (Isle of Man) registered fishing boat mysteriously sank whilst being persued by the coastguards, 7 Tonnes of Cannabis was found upon the stricken vessel, customs and excise could not prove it was on the vessel before it sank, I was charged with Piracy the courts lost.

1988 Bad one

I had a few chemicals, namely :-

safrole: 3,4-methylenedioxyallylbenzene, 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-propene

isosafrole: 3,4-methylenedioxypropenylbenzene, 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-1-propene

MDP-2-P: 3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl-2-propanone,

beta-nitroisosafrole:

The Precursors for 3-4 Methelynedioxmethamphetamne, (madchester days), Manchester Evening News stated I had enough to produce 10 Million STG worth, I would have been lucky to get half a million, fortunatley I got bail.

Genealogy is an interest of mine, have been working on my own off and on for decades. If you are lucky enough to have an uncommon surname, the internet can bring up some very ancient links. There is one internet site in particular that is used by researchers all over the world. It is run by the LDS(Latter Day Saints). I have nothing to do with this church, and want nothing to do with their organization, but they happen to have the largest database of genealogical records in the world, no matter what the religious background:

http://www.familysearch.org

They have a search engine on the above page. Simply enter your surname & select the country of interest. This is a historic records search, not for living individuals, for privacy reasons.

Archived