Thai Men No Good?

Heim_Hung

I know when I'm in Thailand, everyone and everybody think I should beat my wife. I don't. I don't beat my wife, nor my child.

No one back home have suggested I beat my wife.

There is more equality back home than in Thailand, men in general seem to help out in the home more than in Thailand.

My wife enjoy this here, but back in her home country she goes back to a wife that take care of her husband.

I actually think there are a general difference between the role of men in the west and Thailand.

A whole different matter is that so many farangs out to get a Thai wife no matter what seem to share the view of the 'no good thai men' we are talking about, they are not like the farangs we see on American movies.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think BGs say this about Thai men to make us feel like we are better then Thai men ,

But who do most of them have babies with ?

THAI MEN,

Like always I think its more complicated then the little part we see...

OC

have good heart, you good man , not like Thai man....

Whenever I talked to Thai ladies, working or non working, they all says that Thai men are no good! They don't take care their ladies, they only know how to gamble, get drunk and fool around!

They sound like my type of guys, do any of them fancy a night out ?

I actually think there are a general difference between the role of men in the west and Thailand.

Very much so. This was something I struggled with living here. Asian (not just Thai) women want men to be the boss here, ala 1950s America. Example: when they say "Up to you...", they mean "Make a decision for us, you wimp!" They also want the "old fashioned" roles, where they take care of the household (that means everything, including finances/bills),and you take care of bringing home the money. And give it to them to take care of the household.

Of course, this does NOT mean knock them around! But it does mean that you are not only the spouse, but the "daddy" figure, and you need to exert authority at times. It is expected.

I think that is why Asian women are so open to May-September relationships. They all seem to have his daddy complex thing going on.

To me, this all seems to fit into the Asian need to pigeon-hole people. "You are the husband, so you are the head of the family and therefore the boss."

Cheers,

SD

PS-- To stay on topic, I'd say that the ratio of "good" Thai men to "bad" Thai men is pretty much the same as in farangland and is related to socio-economic status (as it is in farangland).

SD,

"PS-- To stay on topic, I'd say that the ratio of "good" Thai men to "bad" Thai men is pretty much the same as in farangland and is related to socio-economic status (as it is in farangland)."

Pretty much my opinion as well and spot on SD. Although I'd kick that timeframe comparison back another 20 years. More like the 30's I'd say. 50's women were a bit more 'feminist' after WW2 due to the 'Rosie the Riveter' jobs many held during the war.

I think this, as another thread discussed intelligently, would be a good discussion and thread, especially getting into the socio-economical aspects and comparisons. I definitely see this here as well and could find some good comparisons for this.

Cent

p.s. Since when did you care about staying on topic? :D

p.p.s. Seems I missed a call from you and the Dumb Cnut?

I think the 'Thai men no good' is mostly a myth. After all the *vast* majority of Thai women marry a Thai man, and I think there are plenty of happy marriages around.

Yep.Their not the most racially pure race in the world for nothing!

I think the 'Thai men no good' is mostly a myth. After all the *vast* majority of Thai women marry a Thai man, and I think there are plenty of happy marriages around.

Yep.Their not the most racially pure race in the world for nothing!

WOW !!

Maybe completley off topic but I would love to hear that justified. Japanese... maybe (for a few thousand years now). But Thai's ? After all those wars and invasions, visitors from the ancient India, Khmere, Chinese , Burmese and influxes on the boarders..... ??? I'm open to listen but unbelieving at this point.

Seems like a vast majority on this board say that western women are no good. They probably tell their Thai bargirls the same thing. Would not be very surprised that the same myth circulating among western punters about Thai men, have an equivalent myth circulating among Thai bargirls about white women.

Rejection is a great part of this I guess. Most bargirls are single mums, and most serial punters either have broken relationships or no relationship from back home (not counting the guys who have some occasional fun on holidays).

Paillote

Very much so. This was something I struggled with living here. Asian (not just Thai) women want men to be the boss here' date=' ala 1950s America. Example: when they say "Up to you...", they mean "Make a decision for us, you wimp!" They also want the "old fashioned" roles, where they take care of the household (that means everything, including finances/bills),and you take care of bringing home the money. And give it to them to take care of the household.

Of course, this does NOT mean knock them around! But it does mean that you are not only the spouse, but the "daddy" figure, and you need to exert authority at times. It is expected.

I think that is why Asian women are so open to May-September relationships. They all seem to have his daddy complex thing going on.

To me, this all seems to fit into the Asian need to pigeon-hole people. "You are the husband, so you are the head of the family and therefore the boss."

Cheers,

SD

PS-- To stay on topic, I'd say that the ratio of "good" Thai men to "bad" Thai men is pretty much the same as in farangland and is related to socio-economic status (as it is in farangland).[/quote']

To some extent many might want a strong man, but in my experience they also like the equality in the west. In the west, where they have more choice, it seem to me like they take advantage of the greater equality, while at home they go inside their previous role.

I actually think there is an attraction to western ideals and western men, and that in comparison quite a few Thai men could be viewed as no good.

I think many confuses firm and strong.

Archived