Thai Men No Good?

Heim_Hung

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...I know when I'm in Thailand, everyone and everybody think I should beat my wife..."

Funny you say this, but the first problem I had with Si Saket girl (the beginning of the end) was a major one...when I relayed the incident to other Thai women, many, as in maybe 90+% said I should have hit her, or thrown a drink on her, or some serious show of force, to regain face. They said She was testing me, and I failed the test, and thus had the other problems, "once I let her walk on me once, she took it as an invite to run and dance" ...was one analogy.

These were not all up country bar girls either, many were educated, some educated in the west...yet, regardless of the background or education they were more less in agreement that I should have gotten physical/tough...

Oddly, when I asked them if they would put up with a man hitting them, they all said no. Now, in many cultures, wife beating is accepted...which raises the question, do they have it right? or do we?

I think that most girls we meet in bar girls are quite clear. They don't think Thai men are good as most of the Thai men they encounter are like them....poor village people from poor villages.

You do not hear that from middle class women.

Well, actually I have heard middle class Thai women say the same, but as someone pointed out in another post here, they were all women who had hubbies toss them aside for a newer model/mia noi and abandoned them and any kids involved. They also all seemed 'farang-curious' and all said they'd love to have a farang husband/bf, thinking farangs were less likely to do this and better quality husband material. All these middle class ladies had decent jobs and made good money according to Thai standards. But of course were at a disadvantage as they were all single mothers raising kids mostly from their own income with little if any support from their exes. From a lot of what I have seen and heard many of the exes seem to support/send money for their kids sporadically if/when they do, usually after much nagging from the ex-wife. Grudgingly would be the word I guess. Not all, but I've heard this complaint a lot.

I have had some recent experience and info about my brother-in-law as well that I'll post soon on this. Weird how some of these guys think at times. Bro-in-law (the cop) and a sister have recently split up, mia noi involved, etc. The usual one hears through the family bamboo grapevine really.

Cent

Don't know about nowadays, but in Thai films in the '70s and '80s the hero like as not was someone who did fuck all except drink, play cards, fight and treat women like crap. Tells you something.

I used to get super pissed off when I'd hear even university girls say "I like a man who's brave". I've got combat decorations, but that didn't seem to count. Their idea of "brave" was an obnoxious bully who'd have probably run like hell at the sound of gunfire. Another line that infuriated me was saying about an obvious waster, "I like the way he talks." Bahk wan geng and you're wonderful. :(

The way Thai gals have been raised makes you want to bang your head against the wall!

:banghead:

Spot on. The only men bar girls know are the lazy slobs in their villages. The guys that do fuck all except drink, play cards, gamble and live off the women. Of course they think all Thai men are no good.

Baloney. Most of the Thai village men work their balls off daily trying to provide for their families, their wives, their children, their parents and in-laws even. Are there some who are lazy cocksuckers leeching off their familes and women? Sure, there are. But to say all 'village' Thai men are lazy slobs that do fuck all except drink, play cards, gamble and live off the women is just not true, at least in my village and others I have been in. At least they are no lazier than farang men in the same circumstances. I know many men in the village, and most work hard, very hard, (harder than most of us here would ever want to have to work to survive and maybe prosper) but yeah, when they can, they also party hard, and play cards, drink, and fuck off once the work is done. And yeah, some get too drunk, and have affairs, and some do leech off their wife. Is that any different than some farang men do?

And, there seem to be quite a few middle class uni educated (or say they are or say they are working to pay for such) women in the P4P scene as well lately, in BKK at least. Women who never lived in an Isaan village setting. Women who have lived and been raised in BKK their whole lives. So what's their beef then? :)

Cent

Archived