American Style Hotdogs

CosmicSurfer

Gefilte Fish in a bottle... probably some USA Brand.. Manischevits or Something like that,packed With Jelly...

Nah... I have my mother's recipe.. I make a mean Gefilte fish myself... The Real Deal... Now if I could only figure out what Fish available in Thailand is the right combintion to cook up a batch. And what about the HorseRadish & Beets to go with it. Hmmm.

I feel a New urge coming on.

CS

Flash.. not that young anymore.. Just turned 57 on 4th of July. The stroke sort of crept up on me... Just lucky I caught it before any permanent damage...

With a young Beautiful Bride I need all my strength and apppendages in full working order.. After only 6 months of marriage, its too early to give in to Old age... I'm too happy.. NEVER been happier.

CS

• 3 weeks later...

Where? In Bangkok? I also have a craving lately for a decent American style all beef hotdog. Haven't found any yet in Thailand that had the right flavor. The Thai dogs are horrid, the German ones, though tasty, well, just aren't the same. Some all beef Fenway Franks, Hebrew National, etc. would really be a treat. I did find hotdog relish recently in the Tesco in Surin. Sadly no decent dogs or hotdog rolls to go with it. There are things I miss at times and just get that hankering for. Tomorrow morning, Monday Night Football for breakfast at the Farang Connection Restaurant. It'll do. :smirk:

Cent

Oh, my god, I hate you. Now I'm going to be dreaming about a Hebrew National hotdog for weeks to come, and I'm not scheduled to visit the US until next year. Brute!

Costco has great dogs for $1.50 including soda. Aaaaaghhhhhhh

I used to get the S&P Italian sausages as a substitute--pretty good, but then they went and changed them from long and thin to short and fat. Not bad taste, but doesn't work as well for making your own dogs.

I cried and went to my bended knees when I first saw Ben and Jerry's ice cream and Pepperidge Farm cookies in Thailand. I will do the same for Hebrew National or Sinai Kosher? hotdogs.

Hot dogs. Right.

1. Villa Market (Sukhumvit 33 and other locations) has Oscar Mayer brand and Hormel brand.

Not all varieties and not at all times -- can run out.

2. Bei Otto German restaurant (Suk 20) has excellent, home-made sausages.

Which variety of frankfurter is closest to American-style hot dogs I do not know, but the bratwurst are the best I have every tasted.

Eat there, served with mashed potatoes and crispy, fried, onions.

Also, packaged for sale in the deli.

3. Auntie Anne's.

Located in many malls, some Tesco/Lotus stores, and in the mini-malls at some subway stations.

Order the "pretzel dog".

A juicy, hot dog, with a hint of Hebrew National flavour, wrapped in a warm, soft-pretzel, bun.

Often pretzel dogs are not prepared in advance, so may have a 10 minute wait while they bake to your order.

Archived