Switching to Apple - finally

kamui

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look instead of listing all of the irrelevant reasons to justify your move to Mac's just be honest and simply say that you want an office system that is DUMMY or IDIOT proof!!!

You got it. Since I am not a trained admin any trouble with the PC steals my time for doing my job which means overtime.

Anyway, in my opinion PCs should be like a car. I can drive well, but concerning maintenance I can only change oil and refill the air and water. I don't have any other duties to keep the car running.

IMHO a PC should work like that. But comparing a Windows PC with a car means that you need to have your own workshop at home and that you need to buy additional tools just to keep the car running and that you need some time every month to keep the car running.

For many years I really liked fiddling with PCs, I read more than one PC magazine a month, always installed the latest software, e.g. Now I am absolutely tired of this. Nowadays I am much more interested in producing content than constantly dealing with tools which promise to produce content easier (remember all this MS Office ads).

By the way, I am writing this on my PC which was built for me last winter. To my surprise Windows Vista Ultimate seems to be slower than Windows XP on my previous PC. That's MS's qualitiy work. :thumbdown:

I love JJSushis line of argument...get a pc, then you can spend hours installing hardware and then software drivers, hours and hours on security, hours on making sure no one can do anything to fuck up your network and then you can use the PC...as long as you don't let anyone fuck it up....and you will have to keep monitoring that too, as they will. No downloading of email attachments, no visiting websites etc etc etc etc etc.

Or you can buy a mac. Switch it on, play.

I love JJSushis line of argument...get a pc, then you can spend hours installing hardware and then software drivers, hours and hours on security, hours on making sure no one can do anything to fuck up your network and then you can use the PC...as long as you don't let anyone fuck it up....and you will have to keep monitoring that too, as they will. No downloading of email attachments, no visiting websites etc etc etc etc etc.

Or you can buy a mac. Switch it on, play.

Spoken like a truly ignorant FANBOY. You have completely displayed your lack of knowledge on Windows sytems with your blather about spending hours on istalling drivers and such and I am quite confident u have little knowledge of a Mac too. guys like you are the problem with your mindless rants about which is better blah. . .blah. . blah.

Bottom line is the weakest link in protecting a network will be the end user. The primary culprit in tech problems is the end user. The number one security risk is the end user. I don't care if u operate a MAC or a Windows machine in the office environment, you are going to have problems because you have ignorant and oblivious users.

I have worked in a few offices where everyone had a work PC and the #1 problem was always some idiot downloading something he shouldn't have or some other idiot taking his laptop home and letting his kids use it for personal crap that negatively affects the performance of the machine.

So let's keep it in perspective, MACS can, do and will have issues too. I really tire of this myth that they don't or can't get viruses. They can but no one has really targeted them yet because they have an overall miniscule mkt share along with the fact that very few businesses use them.

I think the argument is quite silly over which is superior WinX or Mac. Windows is a software company that is used on different manufactuers PC's and Mac is a hardware company that creates software for use on its hardware.

The very fact that Macs now use Intel processors and run the MS OS should tell u a little something. Wintel won the war of the OS and chips.

Do u think Bill Gates is complaining as he counts his money with each new software liscence purchased for a use on a MAC? Dell and HP are the ones that now have to worry.

Personally I don't care for proprietary hardware systems, which is why I switched to PC's long ago.

Buy what fits your needs. it is as simple as that.

Bottom line is the weakest link in protecting a network will be the end user. The primary culprit in tech problems is the end user. The number one security risk is the end user. I don't care if u operate a MAC or a Windows machine in the office environment, you are going to have problems because you have ignorant and oblivious users.

So if I user a computer, I must become become an expert on computers, one that just works should not be an option....

I have worked in a few offices where everyone had a work PC and the #1 problem was always some idiot downloading something he shouldn't have or some other idiot taking his laptop home and letting his kids use it for personal crap that negatively affects the performance of the machine.

See above...

So let's keep it in perspective, MACS can, do and will have issues too. I really tire of this myth that they don't or can't get viruses. They can but no one has really targeted them yet because they have an overall miniscule mkt share along with the fact that very few businesses use them.

And yet no one writes a virus for a Mac, if Mac can be vulnerable, then perhaps this shows a certain respect for the platform, or it's too difficult...

...overall miniscule mkt share...

To equate a small market share as a negative or conversely a large market share as a positive is to equate McDonalds with food and Aston Martin with squid shit.

The very fact that Macs now use Intel processors and run the MS OS should tell u a little something. Wintel won the war of the OS and chips.

Do u think Bill Gates is complaining as he counts his money with each new software liscence purchased for a use on a MAC? Dell and HP are the ones that now have to worry.

Ahh, Macs use Intel , yes, good processors, but they are not Windoze processors, Bill may have shares, but if he gets any money from these it's not because he had anything to do with their abilities.

Macs can run Windoze yes, very hard to wean a boy racer from his hotted up Toyota and show him how a V12 Mercedes performs, it's all talk and no trousers until a level of maturity sets in.

Personally I don't care for proprietary hardware systems, which is why I switched to PC's long ago.

And long may you enjoy...

Cheers

Coss

Seriously. What is about u rabid fanboys that prevents you from understanding basic concepts?Mac is not perfect and Windows is not perfect but please cut the crap about superior this vs that, it is a silly debate considering different users have different needs.

Let me state I don't like closed minded fanboys of whether they be Mac fanboys or MS fanboys.

I will say that the most annoying are the Apple fanboys because they talk so much crap with very little facts and they collectively have this attitude like they are in a special and secret superior club. Get real it's a freaking piece metal that runs software that cost about US1000.

Bottom line is the weakest link in protecting a network will be the end user. The primary culprit in tech problems is the end user. The number one security risk is the end user. I don't care if u operate a MAC or a Windows machine in the office environment' date=' you are going to have problems because you have ignorant and oblivious users.[/quote']

So if I user a computer, I must become become an expert on computers, one that just works should not be an option....

*No u halfwit, it means I don't care what OS u run, a user must be aware of certain security issues and proper operational uses. As long as ur tapped into the internet u are vulnerable to all types of ill code. No computer hooked into a network or the WWW is immune from a virus or other such malevolent code. And pray do tell me how a windows OS system does not work? Every windows system I have used has performed the job needed.

See above...

*And what is your point? See my answer above too.

And yet no one writes a virus for a Mac, if Mac can be vulnerable, then perhaps this shows a certain respect for the platform, or it's too difficult...

*umm no. Your absolutely dead wrong. Viruses/worms have been written for Macs. Learn to be obkective instead of a rabd ass licking fanboy. Do ur homework before u spread misinformation like that.

You just don't have as many written for Macs because it simply means there has been no real reason to write one for it, it's not a widely used computer system like a PC running windows, it would be like someone writing a virus for a Sega Genesis. What's the point? Any computer system connected to the net is vulnerable to a potential attack u - - - - - - -.

...overall miniscule mkt share...

To equate a small market share as a negative or conversely a large market share as a positive is to equate McDonalds with food and Aston Martin with squid shit.

*You really have lost the plot and I am embarassed for u because u totally miss the point. There is no implication of mkt share being negative or positive. Mkt share is simply a fact.

Ahh, Macs use Intel , yes, good processors, but they are not Windoze processors, Bill may have shares, but if he gets any money from these it's not because he had anything to do with their abilities.

Macs can run Windoze yes, very hard to wean a boy racer from his hotted up Toyota and show him how a V12 Mercedes performs, it's all talk and no trousers until a level of maturity sets in.

*No insult dude, however I must state you a freaking clueless. I can't even believe I am responding to ur post. Your arguments are based in a delusional fanboy world.

Don't bother responding because u seriously can't top ur foolish starements in ur post. Just go away quietly from this debate.

Archived