Will Busu Attack Iran?

chicagogato

I don't think it would happen like that. It would be a gradual escalation. A US ship hits a mine, Iran gets the blame, some targets get bombed, Iran retaliates....you get the idea. I think some people are just itching to nuke Iran and Bush will be put in a position where he has to go along with it or appear weak. He won't need any authorization. Anybody who complains will be a pacifist wimp.

If it happens like that and the Dems go along with it so they don't appear weak, then we deserve what ever fall out as a nation that happens after that. It truly will be the beginning of the end of the country as we know it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for CS's comments about GW not being a king or a dictator, I honestly believe he is trying his best to be just that.

OH, Nixon seemed like that as well and we saw what happened to him. There are checks and balances in place (such as Congress being the ones that can declare and fund wars or make laws) that prevent someone like Bush who may want to be dictator but can't carry it out.

If it happens like that and the Dems go along with it so they don't appear weak, then we deserve what ever fall out as a nation that happens after that. It truly will be the beginning of the end of the country as we know it.

Well I don't know Steve. If Bush doesn't do it Giuliani will...he's more or less said so, Hillary hasn't exactly taken it off the table either. Got to be tough.

As for CS's comments about GW not being a king or a dictator' date=' I honestly believe he is trying his best to be just that.

[/quote']

OH, Nixon seemed like that as well and we saw what happened to him. There are checks and balances in place (such as Congress being the ones that can declare and fund wars or make laws) that prevent someone like Bush who may want to be dictator but can't carry it out.

Congress got elected because they promised to end the war, some even hinted at impeachment, and look, nothing new or changed...

War with Iran is a positive. The initial thrust will be from the public. Right now, the pubic wants Iranian blood. If another WTC incident occurs and Iran can take the rap, then expect US military presence in Iran. The possibiliy of nukes is something Bush and friends have allowed the media to stir into the propaganda campaign. If the US uses nukes, the American people will not be surprised. This crisis might give Bush more time in the Whitehouse.

Here you go Steve...

"We're talking about ending the war. My god, we're just starting a war right today. There was a vote in the Senate today. Joe Lieberman, who authored the Iraq resolution, has authored another resolution, and it is essentially a fig leaf to let George Bush go to war with Iran. And I want to congratulate Biden for voting against it, Dodd for voting against it, and I'm ashamed of you, Hillary, for voting for it. You're not going to get another shot at this, because what's happened, if this war ensues, we invade, and they're looking for an excuse to do it."

http://www.counterpunch.org/cook10052007.html

Woodrow Wilson got re-elected in 1916 on the slogan "He kept us out of war" - with the expectation that he would continue to do so. Yet Wilson had no sooner benn inaugurated that he started doing his best to get the country INTO World War I. The result was a mess and Europe almost certainly would have been better off if Wilson had kept his nose out of the war.

Never trust a politician, not even a "preacher's kid".

One would have to be quite an optimist to believe that the current level of confrontation between the USA and Iran will not continue. A curious and unprecedented event recently was the B52 bomber that crossed the US armed with nuclear warheads:

www.defensenews.com/story.php?F=3020047&C=airwar

Some claim the flight, officially explained as an 'accident', to be virtually impossible with all the checks and balances involved with nuclear weapons, and that the real destination was the middle east. That ultimate destination was aborted when news of the 'accident' quickly leaked out:

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/lindorff/018

Maybe just someone with an active imagination linking these things, but given the current administration, such activity becomes ever more believable as time goes on.

Archived