the wedding

passingthru69

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm still passingthru, just have a travel helper now. 555

Thanks for the congrats.

We are in Pattaya now then have to go back to the states next week.

Have to go back to work. :(:(

The wedding was fun and way long,plus the party.

All said and done I only ended up paying about 4k baht, after all the money from guest :):)

My wife said not to worry we make money. Well she was right. I hate when she is right/555

My wife said not to worry we make money. Well she was right. I hate when she is right/555

PT,

When you made your original posting about the wedding I remember telling you at the time not to worry about the number of guests / initial outlay since the "Red Envelopes" should cover the costs and that is how it transpired. Having been there and done it myself I spoke from experience.

Congratulations to you and your wife and I wish you both a happy future together.

I also bet that you gave your mother a memory she will treasure for the rest of her life, well done mate :thumbup:

Hi,

"since the "Red Envelopes" should cover the costs"

Depends a bit on the type of guests :)

We had an upcountry wedding and most envelopes only contained 100 Baht (some less :) ).

Luckily my farang friends were a bit more generous, and of course upcountry weddings are not that expensive.

Sanuk!

Yes, My mom enjoyed the wedding and meeting my wife's family. She would talk to them and they would look at her funny. Mom, I tell her they don't understand any english. Oh no my mom would say. They shake their heads yes and smile... Ok mom. I would tell her. She's back in the states now. She has many photos of her trip.

Freaked her out when she was carrying the sin sot bowl. I forgot to tell her how much money was in there and her eyes really opened wide when it was being displayed.. For got to tell her we were getting it back..

Funny thing is they were spraying perfume on it every time they put more leaves and rocks on the money.. Might be fun getting back through customs in the states.. 55

Archived