What would happen in the USA left Iraq tommarow ?

OCgringo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of Americans are very suspicious of their government these days. But there is a hard core that believes the president can do no wrong. Even after invading Iraq they still see themselves as the 'good guys'. Tell them it was about oil and they will stubbornly insist they were liberating the Iraqi people or protecting the world. Most Americans are decent people. Unfortunately it also makes them easy to manipulate.

I believe it was mentioned here before, but in the 60's, the U.S. had plans drawn up to explode drone aircraft in order to justify invading Cuba. They had that plan then, why not a similar or different plan now to justify military action? Ever read some of the stuff about the Gulf of Tonkin incident? Nothing is passed these people.

To believe another government can lie, cheat, deceive, engage in brutal behavior against it's own, while denying your own government can do the same, is just plain arrogant, not to mention foolish. ANything is possible when this much money and power is on the line.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/Northwoods.html

Aaaah, I never responded to you before in this thread except for the question asking how you came to that conclusion.

I did respond to Chuckwoww with thr following response: [color:red]"Shit I believe in ghost. Saddam's ghost has been trying to find GWB so he can scare the shit out of him. The plan was oil and the objective is raise the price of oil. So far, the plan is working."[/color]

I stated the reason for going to Iraq. It had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction but was centered around raising the price of oil. It was more an issue of manipulating the market and of being able to control the people. Sounds a little like 1984. Sorry if you took it wrong.

I stated the reason for going to Iraq. It had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction but was centered around raising the price of oil. It was more an issue of manipulating the market and of being able to control the people. Sounds a little like 1984.

I think historians are going to be debating the reasons for invading Iraq for many years to come. Oil was definitely a big part of it but I think the idea was to get it cheaply. Didn't Wolfowitz say something about the invasion....oooops liberation...paying for itself?

It's because things keep going wrong with the plan that the price keeps going up. Price at the pump is the one thing American consumers seem to notice.

I don't things are going wrong which has been driving the price of oit up. I think the plan was to drive the price of oil up. And it looks like it will be driven up a lot higher. As oil companies make record profits, the oil companies have noticed there has been no protest from the populace. This means they can rise the price of oil considerably more and still be safe.

Archived