Nana Plaza end of an era?

chuckwoww

frankly, who cares about the ramblings of an english teacher :redflag: who's married :redflag: to an isaan :redflag: chick about a bunch of overpriced bars :redflag: featuring crap music :redflag: and stretchmarked slappers :redflag: (casanova being an honorable exeption)???

things change, everywhere and all the time. only for those who live in tiny, tiny universes ("hey it's friday evening, i must go to nep if only my wife will let me") do microscopic changes have earth-shattering consequences ("oh no, a bar closes, where can i get a cheap beer and fish and chips now?").

instead of moaning and whining why not celebrate change? plenty of new (non go-go) bars around; more and more venues staying open later...

personally, the only time in the last 2 1/2 years i've been to nep was to show a taiwanese gf the casanova creatures (her idea). but subscribe to the sentiment displayed above: happy for nep (or lower sukh in general) to be a sinkhole for shoddy tourists and equally clueless english teacher types...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
frankly, who cares about the ramblings of an english teacher :redflag: who's married :redflag: to an isaan :redflag: chick about a bunch of overpriced bars :redflag: featuring crap music :redflag: and stretchmarked slappers :redflag: (casanova being an honorable exeption)???

But you care enough to make a post?

..instead of moaning and whining why not celebrate change? plenty of new (non go-go) bars around; more and more venues staying open later...

personally, the only time in the last 2 1/2 years i've been to nep was to show a taiwanese gf the casanova creatures (her idea).

Yeah, it's good that more venues are springing up and staying open later. Variety and choice is good.

But for those of us who LIKE gogos, who LIKE seeing lots of girls in a naked or nearly naked state before barfining them, it sucks for one whole area to go down like this.

Before about 2001/2/3, Nana used to be the choice of expats and repeat mongers and Patpong was the tourist trap. Now that's expanded so Soi Cowboy's the only choice. That's not much given the size of Bangkok.

There seem to be a bewildering number of you lot who don't like gogos and keep posting about it. Fair enough but some people like them and there are few enough places in the world where there are gogos with topless barfineable girls already. Bangkok (only Soi Cowboy really now), Pattaya and.. er, that's about it, isn't it? Phillipines isn't topless anymore, is it? And other countries aren't opening up like I hoped to help fill the void.

I LIKE seeing the goods and getting in the mood that way before fucking a girl.

And, Munchie, Patpong still SUCKS. :) Fat overdressed girls, annoying market, annoying touts, annoying everything. Nana, even in its present state, is still much better.

For me, there wasn't really a jumping the shark moment. Maybe at the end of 2001 when 'granny undies' came in. That was terrible. Not even G-strings. I never thought that would happen.

Toplessness looked to be coming back in 2003 but the hope was quickly extinguished. I blame Rainbow. :mad:

Does anyone "Really" care???

Can't stand the place personally...it's way too far on the wrong side of Asoke for me....

Cheers DC

Yes, as I don';t want those types of punters comming into our favorite venues, better they stay there.

Frankly, if what has been said is true, that the Indian family that owns it also owns a few major hotels in the immediate area, I can't see it closing down, and hurting their hotel business, or tailor shops etc...

I think NEP is pretty much the one-stop-shop desitnation for the newbie in Bangkok. Room at the Nana, over the road to NEP, visit the go-go's, see the Katoeys (whilst in pretend shock to your mates that you didnt really know) and finish the night off in Nana Disco.

Once you've done it once, then its time to move on.

I usually spend the 1st night in Bangkok, before bussing down to Pattaya, usually I pop into NEP in anticpation of a good night but invariably end up getting dissappointed so take a cab to Cowboy.

Archived