Nana Plaza end of an era?

chuckwoww

Does anyone "Really" care???

My thought excactly. Overpriced gogos with girls whose attitudes suck big time. For a first timer in Thailand I guess it still has some appeal but are there expats that still go to Nana to have a good time (and actually HAVE a good time) there?

I actually would love to see the place dying slowly because it's all their own fault the customers don't feel comfortable there anymore.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More or less my thoughts as well. Was never that fond of the place years ago when it was a lot better than it is now. But it now has very little to offer in my book. The whole soi 4 area in general has also gone down hill big time in the last few years IMHO as well and I try to go there as rarely as possible. I still pop into Chequers now and then but thats more or less it. But as some others have said, perhaps its best the place does struggle on for a few more years so I don't have to put up with too many of the morons in vests and shorts straying to the "right" side of Asoke?! :smirk:

Simie.

....But as some others have said, perhaps its best the place does struggle on for a few more years so I don't have to put up with too many of the morons in vests and shorts straying to the "right" side of Asoke?! :smirk:

Simie.

I'll fnd (4).gif to that.

I never go there but am happy that it stays open to keep a certain class of tourist amused and away from other places. I suppose I have the same sentiments about Pattaya.

Munchie, I know some people might think we are being snobs, but I don't think we are. Its not about money, its about what people have between their ears?! :D I've had times when I've been quite flush and others when I've been pretty skint. But it does'nt take a lot of money to put on a shirt/polo shirt or even a bloody T shirt and a clean pair of jeans or casual trousers and behave in a civilised manner? I'm sure some of the twits you see in Pattaya and now more often in the Suk soi 4 area have more money than me? But many of them just seem unable to engage their brains and dress and behave in a civilised manner? :mad:

Simie.

Last time I was in NEP after dark must have been about 5 years ago now with a couple of mates in town, I know it was that long ago because after 20 minutes we left and went to the Beer Bars at Clinton Plaza. Daytime must be over 2 years now, Hogs Breath chewing the fat with all the other Oil n Gas workers.

I don't know if it is due to me changing or NEP changing, but judging by other comments its NEP, but it seemed to loose its appeal to me in 1999.

I have to confess that I've also had some good times down there in the past, particularly in my single days. But I find a significant percentage of the other visitors do detract from the overall experience and I hav'nt bothered going there for about two and a half years now.

Simie.

Archived