Formula One Season 2008

Mentors

SEBASTIAN VETTEL WINS!!!!

FIRST VICTORY FOR TORO ROSSO!!!

Vettel (19) youngest Grand Prix Winner ever!!!

:D:applause::bow::applause:

1. Sebastian Vettel/Toro Rosso :cool:

2. Kovalainen/McLaren-Mercedes

3. Kubica/BMW-Sauber :beer:

4. Alonso/Renault

5. Heidfeld/BMW-Sauber

6. Massa/Ferrari

7. Hamilton/McLaren-Mercedes

8. Webber/Red Bull

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

driver standing:

01 Lewis Hamilton 78

02 Felipe Massa 77

03 Robert Kubica 64

04 Kimi Räikkönen 57

05 Nick Heidfeld 53

06 Heikki Kovalainen 51

constructor standing

01 Ferrari 134

02 McLaren-Mercedes 129

03 BMW Sauber 117

04 Toyota 41

05 Renault 41

06 STR-Ferrari 27

next race - Singapore on 28. September.

first race in Singapore and first night race!

Raikkonen: Itâ??s not over yet - but it will take a miracle

Reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen has admitted that his chances of retaining his crown are now almost zero after he failed to score for the third race in succession at last weekendâ??s Italian Grand Prix.

Raikkonen has not won a race since Aprilâ??s Spanish Grand Prix, and while team mate Felipe Massa is just one point shy of championship leader Lewis Hamilton, the Finn has slumped to fourth in the standings, 21 points adrift, with just four rounds of the season remaining.

â??You don't have to be Einstein to understand that this is not the right way to fight for the title,â? said Raikkonen. â??It's not over yet, but now it will take a miracle, like one that makes lightning strike twice.â?Â

As at the preceding round at Spa, Monza saw Raikkonen struggle to find any grip in the cool, damp conditions. Only when the track surface dried late in the race was he able to show his true pace, clocking another fastest lap, his ninth of the season.

â??I didn't lose my driving ability on the wet, but when you don't have any grip under certain circumstances, there's hardly anything you can do,â? he said. â??You can just try to stay on the track and hope that the situation will change, as happened at Monza. At a certain point it was as if a light had been turned on and I could attack in every corner, but by then it was already too late.â?Â

Raikkonen is testing with Ferrari at Mugello this week in preparation for the next round of the season, the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix, a race at which he hopes the climate may be more conducive to success.

â??The possibility to race at a new city circuit is really something great,â? he said. â??It will be a very interesting experience for all of us. The atmosphere will be very exciting and the hot and humid weather might work to our advantage.â?Â

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8402.html

Just came back from Maranello where there has been a phantastic night event yesterday in the new factory for the introduction of the new Ferrari California , you fall down on your knees if you see that car fellers .

All drivers and the Schumi HIMSELF have been there and though all the F1 circus is nothing that could ever be of interest to me it was great to meet those guys and what I was indeed impressed by is the personality of Schumacher ; other than I thought he is an extremely nice man , much less tall than I thought and he speaks a wonderful English . It was disgusting to see how people approach him so that he could not even bite in his pasta . Inside the building was no security at all except for one person .

Massa appears like a young boy and because I speak Portuguese we are now friends for ever , unless he may not remember Bubi any more which could also be the case . Raikkönen is always said to be a cool monster , he is the opposite : an extremely humourous fellow who is ready to support Massa for the rest of the season . Montezemolo confirmed that all has to work for Massa's victory , Raikkönen written of for the rest of the season . Montezemolo is a lovely and truely educated person , disciplined enough even for the 300th photo and a few words and an impressive speaker .

" A new Ferrari muste alwayse be like a beautifule woman "

I have a load of pictures , could publish some here if of interest . Sorry to trouble you with this but I had to load it off somewhere . One of those nights , breathtaking .

BuBi

Archived