Formula One Season 2008

Mentors

Only race left in the western hemisphere is Brazil.

Incorrect Flash' date=' time to freshen up on your Geography, Silverstone (British GP) is in the Western Hemisphere only 1 degree west granted :neener: [/quote']

Picky, picky ... howsomever:

<< It is also used to specifically refer to the Americas (or the New World) and adjacent waters, while excluding other territories that lie geographically in the hemisphere (parts of Africa, Europe, Antarctica, and Asia); thus, it is sometimes referred to as the American hemisphere. >>

Wikipedia

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made the comment based on a simple mathematical rule that I used when carrying out triangulation calculations for navigation. If I forgot the rule and relied on Wikipedia I would probably run ashore in newfoundland, which by the way would have been far better than my run in with the Manx Coastguards but that is another story.

I made the comment based on a simple mathematical rule that I used when carrying out triangulation calculations for navigation. If I forgot the rule and relied on Wikipedia I would probably run ashore in newfoundland, which by the way would have been far better than my run in with the Manx Coastguards but that is another story.

Could you pass that advice on to GWB? He can't tell Afganistan from Iraq.

Meanwhile ... the cauldron bubbles:

US & Canada snub angers F1 teams

Honda team principal Nick Fry has hit out at the decision to drop Canada from the 2009 Formula One calendar.

F1 will have no race in North America after motorsport's governing body the FIA included Abu Dhabi at the expense of Montreal.

"We are hugely disappointed," said Fry. "It will be a major topic at the next meeting of teams."

Toyota president John Howlett said: "Hopefully in the next four years we can establish a real race in the US."

And BMW team principal Mario Thiessen advocated having a "Canadian race and at least one US one".

The dropping of the United States from the 2008 F1 calendar left Canada vulnerable because the costs of transport to North America are steep for a single race.

That was not considered to be an issue when Canada was the sole North American race through much of the 1990s but it is more of a concern at the moment.

To overcome that, Fry suggested holding two races in the US and one in Canada.

"Really we need to look at how we not only get back Canada, but back to America - potentially more than once, because it's such an important market," he said.

The loss of Canada means the F1 calendar will stay at 18 races rather than the record-breaking 19 that had been expected for 2009.

The continent is a vital market place for the road-car manufacturers who are involved with many of them.

Link

Mark Webber

â??I wasnâ??t quick enough today and when you donâ??t get the times you donâ??t go through. I didnâ??t get it together in Q2 and you pay the price. There was more to get from the car, but I over drove on the last sector. It was a shame as I had had a good feeling for the car both yesterday and this morning, but qualifying didnâ??t seem to work out for us today. It will be difficult from there tomorrow.

â?Â

:p

Archived