Cholera Vaccine

PP

The latest report I read on the WHO site says that they're 85% to 90% effective so I think definitely worthwhile as OH says.

Fascino is the big drug store on NOrth Road in Pattaya.

Anyway it seems a moot point now as I'd be there before the vaccine became effective anyway.

I might still go with the vaccine, as it might start working while you are there. Depending on how long you stay etc. I would also suggest you look into any know side effects, and also any interactions with any other meds you are taking, or might take during the trip.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100005100.html

Are you a doctor preahko?

um...NOOOoooo' date=' but anyone seeking MEDICAL ADVICE on a PUSSY FORUM deserves to treat my advice as if I were one, hahahaha...

preahko

What the hell does that mean? I thought this board was sponsored by Lonely Planet ! :wave:

[/quote']

• 2 months later...

One has to go to a recognized CDC (Communicable Disease Control) center in Thailand, at the time three choices in Bangkok (Suan Plu Immigration office, Don Muang airport or Klong Teoy port).

I had to get shots for my new job in Djibouti, Africa. The Cholera wasn't mandatory but is available for 800 Baht and requires 2 doses.

Yellow Fever- 1 dose @ 550 Baht

Meningococcal Meningitis - 1 dose @ 750 Baht

These shots are NOT available at the local hospital, since Thailand wants them controlled/issued at certain locations. It's an easy trip to the Immigration Office and the office is located on the first floor and on the right side as you enter.

Fast, efficent service, no hassle and was so easy

Immigration Medical Office

Sathorn Road

Telephone: 286-5114

I got my yellow fever and menincockinthehole menijustisntfair out near Chang Wattana/Nontha Buri, Tropical Diseases unit.

I "think" the tropical diseases unit near Victory Monument does this as well, but easy call, local hospital gave me the number and an hour later I was done.

They even have a "Farang" queue (as they do at the re-new your drivers licence) which is 100 times faster than the Thai queue (really pissed my wife off, both of us renewing drivers licences same day, I was done in 10 mintutes, she had to wait 3 1/2 hours!)

I got my yellow fever and menincockinthehole menijustisntfair out near Chang Wattana/Nontha Buri, Tropical Diseases unit.

I "think" the tropical diseases unit near Victory Monument does this as well, but easy call, local hospital gave me the number and an hour later I was done.

They even have a "Farang" queue (as they do at the re-new your drivers licence) which is 100 times faster than the Thai queue (really pissed my wife off, both of us renewing drivers licences same day, I was done in 10 minutes, she had to wait 3 1/2 hours!)

Archived