Corkage at Admakers - WTF???

rchapstick

Last trip to Bangers I went out for dinner with dddave and Dumcnut, and we brought along a couple of bottles of wine. Our first thought was to go to Admakers. We arrive at the restaurnat, and were informed that the corkage charge was going to be 700 baht per bottle!!! WTF? I know they are going out of business, but that is just absurd.

So we hopped in a cab, and headed for Baan Klang Nam. Here we were told NO CHARGE for corkage. All told, seafood dinner for 5, our 2 bottles of wine, plus a couple of big beers, for 1600 baht, or just a bit more than what Admakers wanted for corkage alone.

Yep, down right disgusting.

They've lost me.....and we've had some good times there in the past!!

BKN was it's normal "Brilliant" self. It was a cheap night cos we didn't do the crab. This place is a Must do.... every visit.

Ventured way further afield on Saturday night... Dairy Queen.

Just me, Miss P and 3 of her friends... Sky train to Saphan Taksin, then an hour on the Boat....to the last stop....then a taxi....

I think we passed Krabi on the way...lol...

OK, we brought 2 x Litres of Jose G plus Lemons (32Bt each at Villa)with us....and also opened a botten of Red Label at the restaurant

More food than a Village wedding.... Bu yai, Goong the size of crayfish...you name it...they ate it!!!!!

Damage....just over 4k Bt

Verdict: good But not up to BKN....IMHO

Taxi back to Toxic...30 minutes...but it is 11pm by now.

Toxic...open another botten.... plus open second litre of Jose.....

30 minutes later..."someone" decides she wants to see in her Birthday...."Dancing"... so it's off to CM2

We arrive at CM2 and I have 4 VERY drunk Ladies trying to negotiate the stairs down to the entrance...and I'm stone cold sober (not drinking after a visit to BNH in the morning!!)

Botten of Black...and away we go!!!!!

2am it's back to Toxic.... and I had to "Open" another room for the 3 girls to sleep...Could not let them go home in the condition they were in!!!!!

Apologies to any one who was on Floor 2 Saturday night and was woken by the noise.

All in all...another day in Paradise...

Cheers DC

Or more precisely:

Baan Klang Nam

Address: 288 Rama III Soi 14, Bangkok

Phone: 02/292-0175

For the Taxi Driver......

"praram saam, soi sipsii, sut soi"

100Bt including tip from Asoke area

But please don't tell anyone about it....it's WAY too good to spoil!!

Cheers DS

Consider it ruined now! :) I remember a few good dinners at Ad makers. Are they really going out of business?

I recall one night, I went there with The Numbers and we met up with Avatar Girl, Miss Perfect and some drunken sots they were with, DDave and his wife...wait, numbers and I didn't have dates...sort of gay, anyway, they were well into their 2nd bottle of Black, I ordered the soft shell crab, and a coke, and later ditched them with the bill...great night that one was. :) corkage that high is bullshit, especially if they don't carry the wines you brought along.

Too true, my friend.

I believe they are going to redevelop the site...pretty valuable R E

Maybe they'll relocate Admakers...who knows, but pulling a stunt like that has lost me for good... Fcuk 'em!!

Sooooo.....Now I know why my bill was 8k that night...LOL.. it was the "Ring Ins"....55555

You did make a "Handsome Couple" though....

If I recall correctly, that was the night that Tiger turned almost albino....as well as legless... have NEVER seen him that smashed.....before or again..5555

...he 'fessed up the next day....that when he got in the Taxi to go home, he was glad he had Avatar girl with him.....cos "He" couldn't remember where he lived....LOL...

Cheers DC

Archived