Channel 4 My boyfriend the sex tourist

Bkkbound04

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally...

Weird documentary though. It managed to talk for an hour without really saying anything.

I was half hoping for a "LOL WUT? THESE FAT IDIOTS FLY HERE TO EXPLOIT TEH GIRLS!!1" to lift the mood a bit.

Actually what I was really hoping for was a balanced 'week in the life' of a nana stunner or a ladyboy to get some actual journalism; you know.. how they cope with X Y Z; how much cash they need, spend etc; Face; Drugs; etc etc.

In fact' date=' they will often be much more stubborn than a farang. If a Thai girl doesn't want to do something, it's much more difficult to get her to do it. But, whereas a farang might whine but actually do it, the Thai might choose to seem to agree but not do it.

[/quote']

bibblies,

You're absolutely right on the money with this observation..

Boy, has this attitude created some "Wars" with my little friend....lol...

Ok, we go....Ok, no problems, up 2 you.... If, you want to go there, see your friends, we go....

10 minutes later....

...teerak...YOU go, I go eat and waiting for you at the room...

Arghhhhhhhhhh...... :banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing::banghead::banghead:

:) The funny thing is that you get used to it and can read the real 'yes' or 'no' from the way they say the 'yes' and how long they took to come around. (Usually if there's any resistance at all, they won't come.) :)

I remember I used to meet a girl at Patpong for short encounters and it was quite a trek for both of us from different directions if one didn't turn up. I could read the 'yes really = no' and wouldn't bother to turn up if it happened. Never got one wrong (of course she would have raised hell if she'd turned up and I hadn't :) ).

Then there's the proud '(I am Thai and) I don't change for anyone' attitude. I think it's similar to the attitude they have about never been colonialised (cough, cough - kidding themselves :) ). For example, I'm working on a couple of girls who like me well enough but, for some reason, don't want to shave their pussies. This mystifies me as I see it as such a small thing to do but both have expressed it as 'I don't change' (said proudly, as though it's a battle :doah: ).

Bibbs,

So true.

The only thing I don't have issues with is the shaving thing....lol...

It's kinda erotic watching "her" put a leg up on the hand basin and produce the tweezers....lol...especially when I'm trying to shave myself......

But, to be honest, it's caused me many shaving nicks....cos I get distracted...5555....

Shit, sometimes I even forget to brush my teeth, before I drag her back for..."Breakfast in Bed"....

helps the Diet as well...555555

Cheers DC

I thought it was interesting but for someone new to the scene, very misleading. The problem was, it took a couple of girls and treated them as being representative of all the others.

The plus point I believe was that it showed a girl from a reasonable family background, which belies the usual view of the tabloids of the "destitute girls being forced to work in the sex trade or starve".

That part was probably representative in the most part.

On the other hand the concept of a Mamasan which prevents girls with regular boyfriends from going with customers was just absurd. Also the girl was shown being 100% faithful to her remote boyfriend, which is pretty rare.

It conveyed the false impression that all BGs want Farang husbands.

How much was staged? It seemed very convenient that the girl returned to Isaan dissolusioned after a bar-girl fight which she was not involved in, how often does that happen?

All in all, the programme made the Bar Girl Wife option seem much more attractive and less risky than it actually is. It completely failed to show any of the potential traps for the Farang.

I can see the number of Farangs trapped by wives who turn out to be frauds/already married/Katoeys etc increasing because of this report.

It was interesting how the letter-writing lady was ripping off the girls. The website she was using did not seem like a proper dating site at all.

Also note that the real title of this program was "Girlfriend for sale" but they sexed it up in the listings with a racier name.

Archived