Channel 4 My boyfriend the sex tourist

Bkkbound04

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bar was Soi 1 EP, yep.

I agree with a previous poster - the girl coming down from Isarn was definatley staged. There is now way that after 32 years living the rural life in isarn, she decides to go work suk beer bar just when a tv crew happen to be filming a documentory in her village. The crew clearly said to her "ok, no preasure, but we will bung you a few thousand baht to come down to BKK with us, sit in a beer bar for a couple hours and make out you would like a job"

The fight was certainly not staged. Im so glad the Mamasan did not get the chance to bury her stilleto in that 18 year olds face.

Speaking of which, im in BKK next weekend and will hunt down the bar where she works. She is lovely!

There were way to many untruths to this doc though. The part where the isarn girls cousin is giving her advice on what to expect, outside the food hall by German Beer garden;

"Many ferang will beat you up and rob you. We are too scared to say anything to mamasan and just try to forget about it"

That made me cringe. The problem is, bullshit like this just reinforces the stereotype amongst us chaps with the guys back home. if you dont believe me, google 'My Boyfriend The Sex Tourist Forum' and you will stumble across various television forums with blinkered, misinformed folks all slagging us ex-pat whoremongers off to high heaven. Apparently, we are all horrible, dirty, evil women beaters who exploit these little innocent cuties and laugh in there face, after we have beat the crap out of them, stole there money and gone off to eat 15 bic macs, aided by our zimmer frame(because as usual, we are all 80 years of age and weigh 400 pounds).

We have all seen this before guys. This is the umpteenth documentory that portrays the little Isarn munchkin as a poor, sad, broken hearted sweetheart who has no choice but to work beer bars as she is a hopeless romantic that needs western love, in addition to western security.

The only doco that i have seen which offers ballance is the Louis Theroux Thai Brides doco (available on Google Video). Aside from being light hearted and at times downright belly laugh funny, Louis does a good job in pointing out the cases where ferangs have been brutaly stitched up and left potless and broken hearted. He also offers his opinion that the lead girl (another typical Isarn chick, looking for love), secretly enjoys working beer bars, in his opinion.

I think its bullshit that it happens in the way she portrayed it. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that she was insinuating it happens all the time.

It was pretty much the first thing she said, in response to 'whats it like working the bars'.

I believe it happens, but only very rarely. It may happen amongst married ferang/thais occasionaly but to give the impression that it is a genuine frequent risk as a bar girl is, in my opinion, not true.

There are cowardly dickheads roming the bars but for the most part, the vast majority, we are all failry decent fellows, i would have said?

Guest lazyphil

when did life become so complecated. 'torrent clients', then you have ipods, mozilla browsers, sounds like a fucking cheese to me for christs sake.

btw OH its not worth it, i watched it, ok show but nothing new, just rehashed stuff....but if you really want to download a 'torrent client' by all means do so!

Archived