Channel 4 My boyfriend the sex tourist

Bkkbound04

Well, they were not exactly stunners where they? but then again the fellas were for the most part a bunch of social misfits, (excepting the Alaska guy). I thought it quite strange they had wanted, and paid for a GF type experience, yet had no idea how most chaps would treat their GF's, their idea of a GF, appeared to be that of an obediant sex slave. I ended up feeling a bit sorry for the girls, especially for the girl who ended up with the guy infested with genital warts and the one who got the angry, violent old man. I wonder what they will portray Thailand like, I hope it's better than last night.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are those girls? In some weird Asian fantasy book? They sure ain't here!

Have you been there too long fella? Its the small details that have been mentioned so much they're a cliche now, like being served food first and so-on.. not quite the complete geisha experience but I agree - its nice to have a girl think for herself too.. :)

Naw mate. No offense, but you've never had more than a superficial relationship with an Asian gal, have you? First off, that feeding-ya-bits-of-food thing is simply being polite, akin to a gentleman holding a door open for a lady. But when you get deeper, those little niceties of the courting ritual go away (of course). What you get is someone who may agree with you despite the sillyness of whatever your position may be (and even defend you) in public, but tells you exactly what's on her mind and what to do and why you are wrong, when in private. Ignore that at your peril...

Certainly not submissive or compliant in real life. You could argue "know-their-place" by the way they act in public as I described. But I'd just call that politeness, too. Or better, deference to the Asian value of non-confrontation.

Cheers,

SD

LOL.. I'm not trying to start a fight :) I just realised you're quite right and there's no point arguing hehe...

In any case, I've sky plus'd the programme tonight so we'll see what conclusions they draw. Interestingly the one last night didn't seem to cast too many cliches around and 'seemed' to be quite objective, though it was edited to make the guys come off in a bad light I thought; like having a long chat with the girls about how they feel about things, followed by a cut to one of the chaps being asked "How do you think they feel?", "Er, dunno, hadn't really thought about it"

In any case, I'll mainly be watching tonight to see if I recognise anyone..

I've got to agree. A few people I've worked with have often come out with the old cliche of 'Oh, you like them because they're so submissive'. I don't see it that way. It's much more a general attitude of non-confrontation. In fact, they will often be much more stubborn than a farang. If a Thai girl doesn't want to do something, it's much more difficult to get her to do it. But, whereas a farang might whine but actually do it, the Thai might choose to seem to agree but not do it.

Teddy - either Liverpool's a happy anomaly or you haven't been back to England for a while. Statistics bear me out. Over 50% of English adults are now officially overweight. (The graph I linked to showed obesity - even more fat, which is around 30%). In my opinion, the younger ones are actually worse than the older ones (but I haven't seen any stats on this).

Just walking around, I rarely see anything I fancy. When I do see someone slim and attractive and friendly, it usually turns out to be an East European.

You may be right that it doesn't affect most people - it's hard to prove, I guess - but the % of girls I find attractive in a country certainly affects me. I'm a fussy bastard! :) (Wish I wasn't :( )

Archived