normal life?

buddha

yim siam said

Mekong and Munchmaster still duking it out...

No No. Munchie asked the questions and I responded to his queries' date=' no anomosity between us at all, well at least not from me....[/quote']

Me neither. :thumbup:

Ok, apologies to the both of you, I must've been mistaken... YimSiam

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bibblies,

Thanks for the thumbs up! Pity I couldn't stay out longer that night. Enjoyed a night out with a couple of fellow board members I hadn't met before. But "Goose"?

Been a while since I watched the movie, bbut I did find this when I searched for his character:

'Goose'

Goose is Maverick's best friend and his 'wingman', from the beginning of the film. Note the camp moustache, and also the hand on hip pose and haircut that are almost identical to the gay traits of Iceman. The 'wingman' is the copilot - someone whom the pilot must trust implicitly, and vice versa. Immediately this indicates a strong bond between the two. The idea of the relationship between pilot and wingman is representative of a human relationship, the two become one in a plane, as two become one in marriage or a serious loving relationship. Everyone at Top Gun has a wingman, and so all have a partner with which they share the flight experience.

Unfortunately, Goose gets killed when he and maverick are involved in a training accident. Maverick, as pilot, blames himself wholly, which nearly costs him his career as a Top Gun pilot, as the cocksure and confident Mav we saw in abundance at the beginning of the film is undermined. We also see Mav at his most emotional as he grieves for Goose in a totally defenceless and cathartic manner. Although I am not saying this form of emotional display in itself is indicative of homosexuality, within the context of a film that is intrinsically interwoven with male bravado and machismo, such emotion is so out of place. Therefore, I believe that unconsciously, it shows a deep emotional and spiritual bond between Goose and Mav, something that ventures beyond love on a purely plutonic level.

The name 'Goose' also has sexual connotations, i.e. the slang term 'to goose' someone.

Top Gun is Gay

I'm in LOS right now... but unable to hit the town as I'm under the thumb... at least until I get to Udon Thani on the 2nd, and then Laos on the 3rd!!!!!

Archived