normal life?

buddha

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjann,

Hey hey hey! Calm down! :-) I had no idea this was a touchy subject for some here. I was joking man. I have English friends myself and take the piss with them as well. Thing is, when they say they are going home many say they are going back to 'the UK' (or a number of 'nicknames' as well for England). And they are 'English' (can I say British? Or is that a problem too?). And here I thought the UK was a fairly happy group, excepting the Irish problem that is.

No offense intended, SJ. I love all my UK and English friends. :thumbup: Hell, I even like those damned mad convicts from down under... mostly. (Don't tell 'em I said that, okay?) Actually I find at times I have more in common with the Brits, UK, and Aussies I am meeting here (at times) then many of my fellow Americans.

Peace on earth and Merry Xmas SJ. :beer::xmascheer:elf::wave:

Cent (fuck, like walking through a landmine field here today! Must be the impending holidays or something.) :help:

....Teddy I can handle my (alleged) delusions' date=' it pays the rent, you have an opinion I have the life. I know I am low key on projects, out of US$3 Billion Plus only 12.5% approx US$375 Mill is on my plate....[/quote']

Not sure what you do Mekong? What aspect of a 'project' is this $375 million?

Munchie do the Maths.

12.5% is the ballpark figure for CAPEX (capital expenditure) for Control and Automation budget of any given project. Again read what I stated "Projects", plural more than one. In some cases I represent the client as their PMC to ensure that the detailed engineering complies with specifications (Currently 2 Projects with PTT where detailed engineering is being implemented in Korea by Samsung Engineering), in other cases the company I work for are the Detailed Engineering and I have in house (Thai) team taking care of that side of it, but if it is an EPC contract I have to negotiate the Construction Contracts with the sub-contractors and ensure we fux them more than they fux us.

but then what the feck is it that you have. You are stuck in the polluted capital of a third world country run by a military dictatorship.

When I eventually leave Dubai, I will return to England where my children will live in a beautiful detached house overlooking the sea and will go to one of the best private schools in England.

Don't worry though Mekong, when the time is right I will sit them down and explain to them that they could have been walking down Sukhumvit to some crappy international school wearing face masks but alas, daddy could not aspire to such luxury because he didn't choose the oil industry for his career.

Teddy, your opinion and outlook, I respect your outlook and your consideration towards your offspring.

My twin daughters are now 26 years old, they both have a good lifestyle based on how (alledgedly) I supported them through their education especialy Uni, no matter how bad my ex wife talks to them about me, I saw them both through Uni and my investments many years ago gave them both a step or ten up the ladder.

Sukhumvit is a major road in BKK, people who know the city or with half an ounce of common sense would not even consider living anywhere in the vicinity, obviously your myopic knowledge of the city is showing.

As you stated "When I leave Dubai" you poor bastard, I did my time in the middle east put up with the rag heads and got a life, you are still there mate, sorry. I suggest you take up yogo, you try to blow smoke up my ass yet you are incapable of blowing it up your own.

SJ. :beer::xmascheer:elf::wave:

Cent (fuck, like walking through a landmine field here today! Must be the impending holidays or something.) :help:

Cent, I swear, it's not the holidays, it's something about this thread, maybe it's a sensitive topic that naturally puts folks on the defensive or maybe it's some sort of curse-of-buddha thing that throws posters into an adolescent tantrum mode. Mekong and Munchmaster still duking it out...

YimSiam

Also Cent you have to remember that the English are an endangered minority now in the British Isles. Just a few small enclaves left. They meet secretly in out-of-the-way pubs and discuss taboo subjects like political correctness and immigration laws. Every now and again you might spot one by the M.1 flashing a George Cross at passing motorists.

yim siam said

Mekong and Munchmaster still duking it out...

No No. Munchie asked the questions and I responded to his queries, no anomosity between us at all, well at least not from me. Now if you had said Mekong and Teddy then I would agree with the comment you made but historicaly Mancs and Scousers (People from Manchester and Liverpool our respective home cities) have always wound each other up.

Cent,

The landmine field effect is due to the fact that 50+ million people all come from the same place with a smaller land mass than Texas, Brits do tend to get territorial. I promise I will be defused for the Christmas BBQ, see you on Tuesday.

Hell, I even like those damned mad convicts from down under... mostly. (Don't tell 'em I said that, okay?)

Cent

You farkn talkin about my Country, BOY?????????

If you are please refer to it by it's correct name...

The United Republic of Pommy Immigrants, Shop Stewards & Ethnic Diversities....

...Commonly referred to as... UR PISSED

....You don't know how upset we get when some people lump us into the the same pile as those Sheep Shaggers from accross the Pond....

Make us mad "Guv"....must be some sort of genetic throw back from the Murderers and Thieves they deported here in the first place....and the boat loads of Whores they sent here to breed with them....

Arhhhhh shit...the penny just dropped....Now I know why I like Bkk so much....

I musta got Great Grandpappy's Genes....

:rotl::rotl::rotl::beer::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Cheers DC

Archived