normal life?

buddha

Teddy,

You asked Faustian, "Read the post again, where do I mention the population of the UK"

The quote I showed from you from your post to Mekong is where I suspect Faustian read and was challenging or correcting your numbers of the UK population.

In this post from you: 18/12/2007 20:16 - Post#648122

Cent :wave::xmascheer:beer:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but don't forget Jim Fixx never had a medical before starting jogging.

i also never had any sort of medical before starting running.

wasn't the done thing in those Days.

in the Summer i was diagnosed with 3 blood clots in my Pulmonary Artery and was told i was Days away from a stroke or worse.

i had no symptoms,as there are none and my condition was only discovered when i visited the Doctor for another complaint.

thankfully the MRI Scan picked up the problem.

anyone of us could have something potentially dangerously wrong with us and not know it.

uk population is 60 million, england 50 million plus unaccounted for illegals of course.!...teddy was talking of england population not uk!

For us non Brits, England or UK, it's all the same. :) [even though some gents from the island try to explain that is not :D ]

Hehe, maybe it's a German thing. We usually say England if we mean UK.

I'm sorry for my Irish, Scottish and Welsh pals (I know how important it is to them) but I think it's pretty common :)

To give another example, in Italy it's the same: when we say "gli Inglesi" (the English) we usually mean "i Britannici" (the British).

Inghilterra/Regno Unito - England/United Kingdom

Even worse, sometimes those who think to know better would use "la Gran Bretagna" (the Great Britain) instead of "il Regno Unito" (the United Kingdom) thinking them as equivalents while my non-English UK pals have made me notice that "GB" leaves out the Northern Ireland... :)

The complete, correct name is "the United Kingdom of the Great Britain and Northern Ireland" (or simply UK). I now make it a point of explainin it to whomever I happen to hear incorrectly calling the UK by whichever other name :)

Archived