normal life?

buddha

Bibblies, I apologise for referring to you by that icon that I'm supposedly addicted too.

In my defence it was about 4.30 am and I had been on the booze for quite a while by that time (next day was day 1 of a 5 day holiday here).

However I relate to Buddha as I was once in a similar position to him.

When I left LOS in March 99 I was bankrupt, not a penny to my name. I should have left months before but held on and on and on because I didn't want to leave (the magnetism of LOS). I borrowed money all over the place and kept going out every night drinking until one day there was absolutely no more money. My sister then sent me money for an air ticket out (I even struggled not to spend that on extending my stay) and when I arrived back in Scotland my Mum gave me 500 quid, otherwise I couldn't have afforded a cup of coffee. Fortunately my expertise was in demand and I very quickly found myself re-employed in Dubai, where I remain today, able to afford trips to LOS whenever I want.

My apologies to KS too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ran a 4 mile circuit today through the woods and over the down in 29.20, bit slow...

Running is deadly. Remember Jim Fixx? :neener:

[color:blue]He is credited with helping start America's fitness revolution, popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging...Fixx died at the age of 52 of a massive heart attack, after his daily run, on Route 15 in Hardwick, Vermont. The autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 50%.[/color]

Cheers,

SD

Probably nowadays 99.99% of the people back in my home country would define my life as abnormal probably due to the fact that it is outside of their concept of what is attainable.

Although you clearly are in a state of delusion Mekong' date=' you are still entertaining with it :beer:

[/quote']

Teddy I can handle my (alleged) delusions, it pays the rent, you have an opinion I have the life. I know I am low key on projects, out of US$3 Billion Plus only 12.5% approx US$375 Mill is on my plate.

Oil n Gas is the Black gold, I spent 20+ years of the bullshit in the Middle East, but every society requires control over its on reservres and finances, the US$ for oil is dying out, I have been based here since 91 and think I know the game on a limited level by now, 40 hours / week SE Asia home with the family every weekend sure beats 12 weeks on 3 weeks off in Middle East

Its a small market, if a nation or an individual corporation wishes to invest based on future probabilities you can bet your bottom $ against a pound to a piece of shit we have it covered.

Egotistic, Big Headed Asshole ... Thats me .... read my tag its my game

Probably nowadays 99.99% of the people back in my home country would define my life as abnormal probably due to the fact that it is outside of their concept of what is attainable.

Although you clearly are in a state of delusion Mekong' date=' you are still entertaining with it :beer:

[/quote']

Teddy I can handle my (alleged) delusions, it pays the rent, you have an opinion I have the life. I know I am low key on projects, out of US$3 Billion Plus only 12.5% approx US$375 Mill is on my plate.

Oil n Gas is the Black gold, I spent 20+ years of the bullshit in the Middle East, but every society requires control over its on reservres and finances, the US$ for oil is dying out, I have been based here since 91 and think I know the game on a limited level by now, 40 hours / week SE Asia home with the family every weekend sure beats 12 weeks on 3 weeks off in Middle East

Its a small market, if a nation or an individual corporation wishes to invest based on future probabilities you can bet your bottom $ against a pound to a piece of shit we have it covered.

Egotistic, Big Headed Asshole ... Thats me .... read my tag its my game

So Mekong, admittedly your delusional ramblings are open to numerous interpretations, notwithstanding that, I will try to unravel your ealier statement re: "Probably nowadays 99.99% of the people back in my home country would define my life as abnormal probably due to the fact that it is outside of their concept of what is attainable."

Your home country I believe is England and therefore you are basically saying that out of the approximately 50,000,000 people who live there, 49,995,000 would really love to live your life and have your circumstances, whereas 5,000 would not. However these 49,995,000 dare not dream of this holy grail because deep down inside they know it is unattainable. Feck me, there must be some depressed people in England.

But then what the feck is it that you have. You are stuck in the polluted capital of a third world country run by a military dictatorship.

When I eventually leave Dubai, I will return to England where my children will live in a beautiful detached house overlooking the sea and will go to one of the best private schools in England.

Don't worry though Mekong, when the time is right I will sit them down and explain to them that they could have been walking down Sukhumvit to some crappy international school wearing face masks but alas, daddy could not aspire to such luxury because he didn't choose the oil industry for his career. :rotl:

Guest lazyphil

hum, i could cite many cases of death to sloth, inactivity and crap diet :smirk: ......very foggy and cold out now, more fun like this :)

hey, he didn't die of gunshot wounds at least!

Bibblies, I apologise for referring to you by that icon that I'm supposedly addicted too.

In my defence it was about 4.30 am and I had been on the booze for quite a while by that time (next day was day 1 of a 5 day holiday here).

However I relate to Buddha as I was once in a similar position to him.

When I left LOS in March 99 I was bankrupt, not a penny to my name. I should have left months before but held on and on and on because I didn't want to leave (the magnetism of LOS). I borrowed money all over the place and kept going out every night drinking until one day there was absolutely no more money. My sister then sent me money for an air ticket out (I even struggled not to spend that on extending my stay) and when I arrived back in Scotland my Mum gave me 500 quid, otherwise I couldn't have afforded a cup of coffee. Fortunately my expertise was in demand and I very quickly found myself re-employed in Dubai, where I remain today, able to afford trips to LOS whenever I want.

My apologies to KS too.

That's quite alright, sir. You're a gent. :tophat: I apologise too.

As Fidel said to me, most of his posts are written under the influence at 4 or 5 in the morning and I'm the same. It's impossible to take anything personally when you realise virtually everyone is like that. :)

This is the second time I've done a 'buddha'. The first time, 6 years ago, it was, on paper, worse than your situation because, not only did I have no assets, I ended up owing over £50,000 on credit cards. Oops! :)

Could always be worse. As long as you come out of it with your health and not in prison, we can always make some sort of money back later, somehow.

I think of it this way: I'd rather spend my younger years here gallivanting around and make up the money later when I'm older than the other way around. Firstly, I think it's not so much fun here when you're old. Lots of younger ladies shun older guys and they get less attention from 'regular girls'. Secondly, I might be unlucky enough to not even make it to that age. I could be working like a dog towards a planned retirement age and suddenly be struck down by some horrible disease or accident. Best to experience it now. Hence I don't regret anything.

I come back to workplaces where married guys with fat wives are getting excited over their latest car models and talking about what they've done to their houses and I just shake my head. I wouldn't swap.

For one who's had a priviliged background, it didn't do you much good did it Faustian :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Read the post again, where do I mention the population of the UK :dunno:

I really hope you concentrate more when you are teaching those children at that school of yours :smirk:

Teddy,

Maybe this part you wrote threw him off?

"Your home country I believe is England and therefore you are basically saying that out of the approximately 50,000,000 people who live there, 49,995,000 would really love to live your life and have your circumstances, whereas 5,000 would not. However these 49,995,000 dare not dream of this holy grail because deep down inside they know it is unattainable. Feck me, there must be some depressed people in England."

:) Cent

Archived