normal life?

buddha

Cent.

i am proud to be English just as Mr.Munchmaster is proud to be a Scot(i presume).

The correct term is Scotch. Munchie's Scotch. :stirthepo :grin:

Btw, getting back to the original subject, it's conversations like this - difference between UK and Britain, state of schools, etc - that make me say there's too many 'normals' already in the world. Too much 'normal' conversation about dull mundane stuff like this bores the shit out of me. But there's never enough talk about tits, bj bars, etc. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bibs, thats a new one on me? :confused: I'm sure Munchie enjoys a wee dram? :) But I doubt he's scotch. My father was a Scot (as are all my brother's and my sister) as where my grandparents. I never heard him/them or anyone refer to him/them as Scotch. It was either Scots, or a Scot or Scottish.

Sorry about this boring post Bibs I'l try and stick to the bars and bjs in future! :smirk: :stirthepo:D

Simie.

as far as i'm concerned the 3 tribes can fuck off and run their own Counties,i have no problem with that.

but..............they want English taxpayers money to pay for their independence.

so i see old English Men who fought in the war for democracy being refused treatment because some sheep shagger needs thousands of pounds to build a fence 10 yards long.

guess where the money goes............i'll give you a clue.

war hero .....................worthless.

This is precisely the type of uninformed, uneducated argument that gets wheeled out time-after-time by idiotic buffoons who appeal to the patriotic masses.

The specific matter regarding money going to a Scottish sheep shagger's fence instead of treatment for an English war veteran is ridiculous.

In fact, and although Scotland now has its own Parliament, the English Parliament still retains full control over 'reserved matters' which include :

constitutional matters,

foreign policy,

defence and national security,

fiscal and economic policy,

immigration and nationality,

energy: electricity, coal, oil, gas and nuclear,

common markets,

trade and industry,

drugs law,

broadcasting,

elections,

transport; including aviation and railways,

employment legislation,

health and safety,

social security,

gambling,

data protection,

firearms,

extradition and emergency powers,

medicines,

abortion,

human fertilisation and embryology and genetics,

treason,

fishing, and

taxation.

Just about everything you can think of.

So what does that leave ?

Health, Education and Local Services.

This is the sum extent of Scotland's powers within it's own country, and the English Parliament provides an Annual Budget to spend on these three essential services.

The Annual Budget is a fraction of Scotland's financial contribution to the UK.

Bibs, thats a new one on me? :confused: I'm sure Munchie enjoys a wee dram? :) But I doubt he's scotch. My father was a Scot (as are all my brother's and my sister) as where my grandparents. I never heard him/them or anyone refer to him/them as Scotch. It was either Scots, or a Scot or Scottish.

You're both right. Scotch is an adjective meaning "of Scotland", now usually considered pejorative by some Scottish people. Common contemporary usage is Scottish or Scots, but 'Scotch' is still in contemporary use outside Scotland without being considered archaic or pejorative. Many Scots consider that the word "Scotch" should only be applied to specific products, usually food or drink, such as scotch whisky, scotch pie, scotch broth or scotch eggs.

Personally I prefer Scots or Scottish as would most modern people from Scotland.

Bibbles asks: 'Buddha, I am curious about how IT recruiters and prospective employers reacted to your time in Thailand. '

Actually the term 'offshore' and 'managing offshore teams' was a major reason for all the interest. I have a pretty solid resume prior to my two stints in Thailand, coupled with the right work experience 'managing projects offshore' in India and the Philippines.

I actually am still getting interviews.

Basically I used my experience in creating web pages that spiders like to crawl. I did the same with my resume on monster, careerbuilder, and dice. Then I would ask the right questions and filter out the jobs I wasn't right for. Even as a 'pretend hemmingway' I still make for a hell of an interview, and the 'I took a year off to travel', followed up by a truthful 'I am really looking forward to busting my ass' did the job.

The market for IT management has never been stronger.

I realize nothing is 'normal' but I do have an odd [not queer] appreciation for a predictable calendar.

I love the congrats and pats on the back as much as the jibes, i appreciate that I can still come here and read; however, I will try to limit it for depressions sake.

Time for a cheeseburger deluxe.

I love the way some of these threads evolve.

Started with 'Normal life in U.S'

Then onto a minor kick off about the Sopranos

Concluding with English/Scottish/Welsh arguments for independance.

Lol, love it.

I would not mind the 'normal life' back home so much. Its just that the 'normal life' is so damn hard to aquire. Its so much easier and far less preasure to have a bizzare whoremongering drunk lifestyle in LOS 2 days per week with the other 5 days burried behind a laptop, working.

By the way. Braveheart was indeed a shite film. William Wallace was a horrible, brutal, evil sonofabitch..... not the gentle educated hero he was made out to be.

but..............they want English taxpayers money to pay for their independence.

so i see old English Men who fought in the war for democracy being refused treatment because some sheep shagger needs thousands of pounds to build a fence 10 yards long.

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

If I was in any way cynical I would comment on the fact that this concept is not that far removed from the concept of Board sponsorship....but seeing it's Xmas I won't....lol...

Cheers DS

:xmsgrin::xmascheer:yikes::xmascheer:xmsgrin:

Archived