normal life?

buddha

HI posters.

I have relocated to my home country - america.

NYC to be exact.

I have assimilated to a normal lifestyle here in holiday time and doing quite well.

I got a job immediately. The IT industry here is BANGING. I was offered interview after interview and found a position that suited my skillset quite easily.

Apartments in NYC are really competitive but I sewed that one up in less than two days time.

Two small victories on the way toward normalacy.

But you and I know better know don't we?

My life isn't at all like it was when I last posted. I am feeling fresh and full of life after months in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Iran....quite a learning experience and a good way to breal up time spent in the LOS and a 'predictable' lifestle in the USA. Boredom and run of the mill stuff is actually reassuring and in the midst of holiday time there is plenty of it.

Junglesoup I hope you are well I cannot thank you enough for the wake up call. Perhaps that isn't the best way to relate that but it is honest.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and concentrating on what is important to them.

ahhhh how life changes.....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI posters.

I have relocated to my home country - america.

NYC to be exact.

ahhhh how life changes.....

And yet how it so often stays the same...

Best of luck, buddha -- I'm with you, bibblies that there's a lot of fun (and possibly good postings) from the wild life, but i also understand buddha's satisfaction with the new life. It's a good feeling, like coming up for air and getting those first few breaths... But... is a subway ride to a tech job in a lonely city/an apartment on an anonymous block/cold winter winds and the stink of garbage in the summer/etc, etc, enough to fill that unfillable void?

NYC... buddha, that city kicked my f*cking ass, by the way - I scurried out of town with my tail between my legs after three years of wild, destructive run-of-the-mill boredom and madness... Went and 'recovered' in Bangkok for a couple years, though that eventually went a touch south too, I suppose (what kind of moron thinks he can get his shit back together in Bangkok)... Hang in there, like Bangkok that's a tough place to keep your nose clean, I hope to see you post of your boring, normal, so-called life every once in a while - though not too often, yeah? It's f*cking boring, after all.

Now a good old-fashioned tale of a magnificent crash-and-burn ala Icarus, on the other hand... Just kidding...

YimSiam

Unlike the others' date=' I think this is sad news. Who wants a 'normal' life? There are too many 'normal' people already, talking about the weather and shit. Get back to the girls, drink and drugs, buddha! :) [/quote']

I hope you're joking?

Nope.

I think that very sentence every time you describe Patpong as being anything other than the shithole it is. Were you joking there? :dunno:

Archived