ARABS AND INDIANS.. don't they just love us! A story of petty racism i

djkaveman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not just Bars that are discriminating, but Hotels are doing it as well. Just recently a fairly large hotel in Suk Soi 11 tried to charge my friend 400THB more for a room(they thought he was an Arab). When he showed his Aus passport they appologised. Apparently Arabs and Indians get charged more.

No exact reason was given, but while I was waiting to check out at 10.00am an Indian guy was trying to check in. He was 4 hrs early so no room was available. He carried on so much that they gave his whole family a voucher to the restaurant.

In the next queue another Indian guy, who had only booked 1 night, wanted(and expected) breakfast vouchers for 2 mornings...he ended up getting 2nd voucher.

So I guess they charge Indians/Arabs more, because they know they'll be giving it back at some later point.

Do you know what though? Im glad the Bamboo Bar is Arab friendly. Its one of my favourate spots for sheer people watching entertainment. Try it one night.... i know its shit, but try it.... sit at the bar and watch the dancefloor heat up around 11pm. Its the funniest, most amazing display of hip swinging, Micheal Jackson style dancing i have ever seen, anywhere.

There was one little Indian guy in there recently actualy moonwalking. Right in the middle of the dancefloor. This wasnt a piss take moonwalk - he was seriously focused and giving it his all, from one side of the dance floor, to the other, and back again, for 20 minutes.

His mate, gazing over on the edge of the dancefloor, couldnt wait to get stuck in. You could tell he was anxious to strut is stuff. I was wondering "go on then mate, just go and dance if you really want to". After 20 mins of this little Indian fella doing the moonwalk, he fell to his knees, tried to spring back up Ninja style (and failed) and then span around, finishing off by 'tagging' his mate who then took over by dominating the dancefloor with some kind of crazy robotic dance to a Radiohead cover 'Creep'.

This was made even funnier by there dress sense (white silk trousers, black silk shirts).

I loved every minute of it. My mate was saying 'this is fucking doing my head in. If you order another beer, ill kill you' but fuck him. He was missing the point entirely.

Ok, I'll chip in from a bar owner's point of view. I do this as a generalisation and I'd appreciate you taking it as it is intended.

One of the bars I own is ringside in a muay thai boxing complex. Because of that, seats are desirable and consequently, the rent is high. I do also have girls who will go with customers though that is a very small part of the business.

Now I have to protect both my business and my staff.

If you get a guy or group of guys who look like arabs but who are wearing normal attire and come up and straight away order a beer each or other drink, each, then they are probably ok. Now if you get an arab in a bed sheet who just wants to paw the girls, sit down and not order a drink, or order one between 5, then he is clearly out of order. The problem lies somewhere between the two.

So I don't want the bedouin mob in the place. I don't go to arab town and I don't want them near me. My customers don't want them either. So that's that lot dealt with.

Sometimes you get a westernised arab who seems to be ok but who proves otherwise after taking a girl. refusing to pay, wanting to fuck up the arse, not wanting to use a condom are some fuck ups but the worse ones are a room full of arabs who all want to fuck her. Yes, it does happen and more often than you think.

So what do you do ? you try and help your girls make the correct decision. Now if a guy won't buy her a lady drink or if he wants to go to the room straight away (saving money by staying in), perhaps he doesn't tip one baht even, stays in some cheap place etc. then she should perhaps make the decision that this guy is a cheap bastard and maybe he won't pay her what she should get.

Finally you get the customer mix. Most customers don't want to be around arabs and indians or anyone like them and that is why they have their ghettos so they can all stay together. The problems this causes is when they leave their own places or when you have a genuine normal person from that area who is westernised and has western ethics. Remember that some of these people don't wash, they bloody stink and their habits are disgusting.

In the end, if someone doesn't buy a drink straight away then the girls will ask him and then tell him to get the fuck out. He can be white, red, pink, black or any race or creed. The fact is the numbers tell me that most people who do this are from the sub continent, arabs or africans. Russians are coming up on the rail quickly though.

If everyone were equal then there would be no problem but the world is not communist and there are arseholes out there. Unfortunately, we westerners are likely to be able to use judgement to weed out the shit. The thais on the other hand, will likely exclude everyone from a certain race to make sure that their boss doesn't have a problem with one they let in.

I loved every minute of it. My mate was saying 'this is fucking doing my head in. If you order another beer, ill kill you' but fuck him. He was missing the point entirely.

Good to hear you say that Stan. I used to like the Grace Coffee Shop for much the same reasons. I've spent some great nights in there watching the Gulf folk at play.

So where are you now?

Way back when, Castro was an Irish/some Italian neighborhood. Changed quick, the gay area was Polk Street...odd how neighborhoods change, and who changes them. But then the whole damned city is not what it was when I was a kid...damned yuppie/.com scum fucked it up.

Archived