re-entry permit on a 90-day visa?

cardinalblue

After my work contract expires this year, I will be applying for a non-immigrant O, 90-day visa in Penang.

I will need to leave Thailand for 12 days (to the US) during this time in which I wish to return on my single entry visa as I plan then to extend the original visa to a one-year one.

Do re-entry permits (I believe a single entry is still a 1,000B) work the same on a 90 day visa as it does for a one-year visa?

CB

As Tiger correctly said check with immy first.

I was under the impression that if you arrived on a 90 day and wanted to make it a 12 month visa that you had to be in kingdom until the 12 month was granted, but that usually happens well before the 90 days are up.

From memory 1,900 THB is for a Multiple Exit-Re Entry and a single is 1,000 THB. I am fortunate enough to work for a MNC which has over 100 non thais working here so HR take care of all my shite for me and as such I am out of touch with current requirements.

CTO, sounds to me as if people are getting mixed up between the multiple entry and single entry Non Imm O visas? I might be a bit out of touch as I hav'nt had one for a couple of years but when I did you could either get a multiple entry that lasts a year but only vaild for up to 90 days at any one time and for as many exits and entries as you wish or a single entry visa valid for 90 days and one entry.

Simie.

CB - my mum had a multiple entry Non Imm 90 day visa and left Thailand often, didn't need a re-entry permit. If it's a single entry, then how can you re-use it?

You're not re-using it. The single entry NI-O issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is used/dead once you enter Thailand. At that point Immigration takes control by admitting you and stamping your passport with an "admitted until" date. If you obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving Thailand this date is kept valid or "alive" while you're outside the Kingdom and allows you to re-enter without obtaining a new visa. But this re-entry permit is only valid until the "admit until" date. It also possible to buy a multiple re-entry permit.

Single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

Multiple re-entry permit is 3800 baht.

Extension of stay is 1900 baht.

-redwood

Archived