Feature: Burma fears Rambo

Flashermac

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p.s. They expect something "inteleckshual" from Stallone?

As I stated previously, given Stallone's demographic as a whole, the average guy will think Burma is a made up place, and that Karen don't exist. Additionally, do you think anyone will take any cause seriously that emerged from a Stallone movie? I hope I am wrong, but I doubt I am...

Guest lazyphil

OH its a stoot em up film, its what stallone does. woody allen does neurotic films, we expect it, do we pick the bones out of them endlessly and say will he actually add a body count to his movies, ya.

Have you actually seen the movie?

No, I have not, and I will not. I am going by Stallone's passed performance in the previous Rambo movies (saw 2 of them) and his general attitude than and now from interviews I have seen and read with him. From the previous movies he has made, they were all, IMHO, crap, except the 1st Rocky movie.

But what is your point? I am very familiar with the target demographic of this type of movie, and I seriously doubt any of them will take any interest in Burma as a result of this movie, and I seriously doubt the makers of this movie had any intent of helping the Burma cause when he made this movie.

There are a few actors I just cannot watch, Stallone is one of them. Tom Cruise is another (except Color of money) and Jim Carey is another (except man on the moon, which was about Andy Kaufman, who I liked, which is why I was able to watch it). I don't need to see every movie made to know I won't like it. I haven't been shot in the balls yet, or fucked in the ass by a rhino, but somehow I just know I would not like either.

Archived